Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me people are so certain they want to sack Martinez, the last thre months have been depressing ,but before that it was the most exciting football I have ever seen everton play. A) Our away from is very good and we have got to two semis.
Added to that teams that regularly sack managers have a propensity for falling through the league.
Massive decision for moshiri and certainly not cut and dried.

A) This is becoming almost mythic in stature. As well as being utterly meaningless and applicable to the grand sum of NOTHING in the grand scheme of things.

B) It should be. It is.

What happens if they agree tomorrow that he's gone? Do they sack him before the match?

The timing seems a bit weird.

The mutual consent line from both partys will come out within an hour of the final whistle stating that results havent been acceptable and the fan protests at the game make martinez position untenable

It amazes me people are so certain they want to sack Martinez, the last thre months have been depressing ,but before that it was the most exciting football I have ever seen everton play. Our away from is very good and we have got to two semis.
Added to that teams that regularly sack managers have a propensity for falling through the league.
Massive decision for moshiri and certainly not cut and dried.

We are falling through the league right now.I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction at all.We have endured 2 season where we haven't come close to achieving our minimum standard which is a Europa League challenge.Just like last year all we have to play for is scraping a place in the top 10.We have endured the worst home record in our modern history as well.Of course you could say we did get to two cup semi finals but Everton FC does not do moral defeats.Maybe some people are just happy enough with 11th/12th place and moral victory/defeats in cup semi finals but the majority are not.It's a massive decision for Mr Moshiri alright deciding on who the next manager will be.Getting rid of Martinez will be the easy and obvious part of the decision making process.

The mutual consent line from both partys will come out within an hour of the final whistle stating that results havent been acceptable and the fan protests at the game make martinez position untenable
Theyre not going to sack him due to fan protests. They'll sack him when they want to because they want to

Doesn't seem right that they'd let him do the mid week press conference then sack him a day before the game on the Friday. Reckon he'll still be in charge at the weekend. This is starting to get messier than it should have been I think. How can it play out in a way that is best for the club?

Theyre not going to sack him due to fan protests. They'll sack him when they want to because they want to

Fan protest will be a factor... Im nit sure moshiri will like what is going on at the minute, it's embarrassing for the club and him pr wise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back