Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacking Martinez TODAY has a 0% chance of happening. Plans are clearly being put in place for when he goes at the end of the season.

Why not just get rid sooner rather than later ? I can't think of a single reason to keep him here until the end of the season.

Perhaps someone can give me one ?

Sacking Martinez TODAY has a 0% chance of happening. Plans are clearly being put in place for when he goes at the end of the season.
A nice little statement being put out saying he'll leave at season end would be nice.

A bit like what Blackburn did with Paul Lambert yesterday.

It would ease the fans' minds and hold off the hostility tomorrow.

What did that Elton Welsby account claim a few months ago?
Just looked, it was a load of different stuff about the takeover (the yank could take over soon, the yanks are out, its someone other than the yanks, etc.) Pretty sure that account is jarg, no idea why someone is pretending to be him though.

If that's the case then they should announce it, as it stands right now we have a situation where the manager could be subjected to a very unsavoury and unpleasant Saturday afternoon.

That's not fair on Martinez, players and the fans and won't look good for EFC rather than the cloak and dagger stuff

the reported meeting is about a week too late and the outcome of the meeting wont be announced till next season with this lot

If he was to go today on one hand I think it'd be a good thing to save Roberto from tomorrow, but on the other hand, why have the club allowed him to conduct a press conference as normal, facing the questions he was always gonna face to only sack him the next day. Either way it's a Everton type mess up and a mistreatment of the manager. Which now cannot go well from here. It's a shame a he's a smashing bloke, a young manager and he has a family who are going to have to watch him get sacked today or go through 'that' tomorrow.

As Big Nev said - we need a statement of intent from the board. We need a mission statement that says the
It's gone 2pm now
But if they do decide to get rid they have to tell him before they announce it
If there's nothing by 6.00...

They've retired to the nags head for a whisky lunch...expect a cheeky bid for Messi upon their return

Breakin news booby signs a new five year deal. The board feel three years isnt enough to prove incompetence. Booby said thankyou for allowing me to continue my mediocre plans for everton. With the boards backing league one here we come. In a clear indication of the peoples club mantra, all fans are barred from forthcoming matches.

If that's the case then they should announce it, as it stands right now we have a situation where the manager could be subjected to a very unsavoury and unpleasant Saturday afternoon.

That's not fair on Martinez, players and the fans and won't look good for EFC rather than the cloak and dagger stuff

the reported meeting is about a week too late and the outcome of the meeting wont be announced till next season with this lot

This is my concern now. I really do not like the idea of Martinez being subjected to any form of vociferous protest (though equally understand the sheer frustration that prompts it). I can understand booing, that is part of the rough and tumble in sport, but I do feel sympathy for him on a human level.

As I said earlier, I cannot see anything being announced on what is now the eve of the game so that leaves Martinez very much in the firing line tomorrow due to the ineptitude at executive and board level, something that really could have been avoided.

I hope Moshiri in particular will regard this whole episode as a lesson learnt and reinforce things that need to be done to make us handle business more efficiently and professionally from now on. This has been an almighty cock-up at board / senior management level and they only have themselves to blame. In every sense it just typifies the amateurish, Sunday league approach which has sadly characterised how things have been done at Everton for over 20 years.

God help us if the same indecisiveness and blunder come to pass in the appointment of the new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back