Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes further as well mate, just some of the names the media link us to, Moyes, Howe, Hughes etc. We've become so small time that it's become acceptable by the media to link us with small time names . I'm not saying for one minute that any of these would ever be appointed but imagine one of the big boys, who we used to be a part of, being linked with these names. I don't even blame the media, they see how far we have fallen, and most of them probably don't even remember when we were contenders. The blame lies with the hierarchy over the past twenty or so years, they had no ambition and decided we were small time and sadly the younger generation of fans don't know anything else. It really is to their credit that they even support us because at times this club don't even deserve them.
All started going down hill when English clubs were banned from Europe in 1985, Everton's management failed to have a plan which demanded we stay at the top of English football instead Man Utd took up the baton and had 20+ years of success. I know a lot of supporters wouldn't like me for saying so but Howard Kendall was to blame too. When he left he said he had achieved everything he could at the club which was rubbish considering the kopites had won something like 9 First Division championships, EUFA, European Cup, League Cups, FA Cup in 15 prior years Evertons glory years of the 80's were 4 trophy's. That was it, not very glorious really. It's been downhill ever since.

Hang on, is this the interview from Southall that's being praised in this thread?

That its the boards fault that he stuck with Howard? That they should have insisted he get a scapegoat in to remove any pressure from himself? WTF?
I agree Howard is talking gibberish, he has spent too much time at the Roberto Martinez school of talking gibberish.
For all we know Martinez was offered a defensive coach but turned it down as he does`nt believe in defending and would rather lose than defend.

I think very few people could or would work with Martinez as he is the football manager equivelent of `david brent`
Our better players are eyeing the exit door to escape any more guff from this `talkaholic`

I will let wikipedia describe Martinez perfectly, you decide if the cap fits .........................

Compulsive talking (also known as talkaholism) goes beyond the bounds of what is considered to be a socially acceptable amount of talking.[1] The two main factors in determining if someone is a compulsive talker are talking in a continuous manner, only stopping when the other person starts talking, and others perceiving their talking as a problem. Personality traits that have been positively linked to this compulsion include assertiveness, willingness to communicate, self-perceived communication competence, and neuroticism.[2] Studies have shown that most people who are talkaholics are aware of the amount of talking they do, are unable to stop, and do not see it as a problem.[3]

No, get that we have a goalkeeper called Howard and an ex-manager called Howard, but the goalkeeper was basically the issue at Christmas. But literally

"OK now the pressure’s on this fella, he’ll change that defence for me. If it doesn’t work it’s that fella’s fault - pressure off Roberto. If it does work… well done Roberto, you’ve brought somebody in."

I don't see anything wrong with that. It's a good point, someone on the board effectively saying "Look Roberto, our defence needs work so I suggest we bring in someone to help with the defensive coaching". Southall reckons that sort of interaction/support doesn't happen between our board and Martinez, and he's probably be 100% correct.

Why?

It makes no difference to owt if City go out on Wednesday night or if they win the CL.

Pellegrini is gone after the final whistle in their final game this season.

That is a confirmed known fact and has been for months now.
I was thinking he had maybe been approached and said I need to focus on CL then I will discuss my future ....... sort of thing.

Its been relatively calm, was expecting well more rage

duifxj.jpg

Shame he is still in charge for tomorrow.
The whole thing is a mess and he needed jettisoning after Saturday.

Sick of seeing us look disorganised and like a pub team at set pieces both for and against us.

The end of the season cannot come quick enough now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back