Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CARRAGHER: Your team has been criticised for the goals you have conceded, leads being thrown away. When it happens do you concentrate on working with the back four for a week or do you just think that is one part of the game?

MARTINEZ: We are not going to be a team that is just going to be solid, that keeps a clean sheet and waits for a chance to score. We have been built to take control of the game, to break teams down from open play. That is something I get a real joy from.

CARRAGHER: But does that not change in the game at times?

MARTINEZ: Yes, but that is game management. That is making certain decisions that you shouldn't throw those leads away. The modern trend now in football is to work on being very organised and hitting teams on the counter.

That is the easiest and most economical way of playing. You don't get hurt. I don't want to be like that.

As a manager, I will never look away from the style I want.

CARRAGHER: Do you not think you get better results playing like that?

MARTINEZ: Certainly, it is easier.

CARRAGHER: But why would you not do that then?

MARTINEZ: The level of your team will give you a certain level. You will never over-achieve, you will never win silverware. That is a choice. I respect every style.

?????????????????????????????????????????
i9ncun.gif

Be interesting to know who sanctioned the Carragher interview.. Martinez or Everton

Given that it's at finch farm the club would have surely sanctioned it.

But an interview in the Daily Mail or Mirror sugests nothing about the intentions of the clubs heirachy ultimately?

Also, who are those two other people in the shot. Is one of them bobby's agent or anything like that? Or do they just work for the paper?

Everton can't exactly ban him from talking about himself in a interview mate.

After reading it he's just trying to boost his profile in an appeal to stay / for his reputation. He will still get binned off he's blatantly worried about it.
Everton are his employer. Everton can prevent an interview on the Everton Training ground

WOW. Stubborn and deluded.

He accepts no criticism, his arrogance and ego about his (failed) philosophy is almost comical. What kind of Manager can speak in these terms when he's just secured our worst ever home league record? He goes on about our away stats as if they're amazing, when they're actually just about what you'd expect.

I can see how his deluded optimism wins the gullible/'romantic' Kenwright over, but I'm sure billionaire Moshi will be telling him to sling his hook very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back