Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MARTINEZ: The most hurtful lead we threw away was at Bournemouth (in November). We were 2-0 up. 84th minute, we concede one goal. That gives them the second goal. Our incredible character and what we have got gives us a third goal in the 95th minute but then we concede another goal.

Pretty much our manager in a nutshell, from his own words

CARRAGHER: Your team has been criticised for the goals you have conceded, leads being thrown away. When it happens do you concentrate on working with the back four for a week or do you just think that is one part of the game?

MARTINEZ: We are not going to be a team that is just going to be solid, that keeps a clean sheet and waits for a chance to score. We have been built to take control of the game, to break teams down from open play. That is something I get a real joy from.

CARRAGHER: But does that not change in the game at times?

MARTINEZ: Yes, but that is game management. That is making certain decisions that you shouldn't throw those leads away. The modern trend now in football is to work on being very organised and hitting teams on the counter.

That is the easiest and most economical way of playing. You don't get hurt. I don't want to be like that.

As a manager, I will never look away from the style I want.

CARRAGHER: Do you not think you get better results playing like that?

MARTINEZ: Certainly, it is easier.

CARRAGHER: But why would you not do that then?

MARTINEZ: The level of your team will give you a certain level. You will never over-achieve, you will never win silverware. That is a choice. I respect every style.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hink-ve-got-win-losing-job.html#ixzz47FrpMlU2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WHAT ON EARTH IS HE EVEN TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!!??!?!

Oh dear. I fear for his mental health.

I'm starting to doubt my own sanity after the last few minutes reading those pieces in tomorrows papers

Im asking all sorts of questions like are we being too harsh on him.

He's staying. There's no way those articles would be released if he's getting the axe and there's no way he'd have given those interviews and said what he said unless he's had his answer from the board which is your job is safe. Unless I'm misinterpreting or over reacting... hard to see it any other way after that... I thought he was a cert for the sack... at least at the end of the season if not now.

He's staying. There's no way those articles would be released if he's getting the axe and there's no way he'd have given those interviews and said what he said unless he's had his answer from the board which is your job is safe. Unless I'm misinterpreting or over reacting... hard to see it any other way after that... I thought he was a cert for the sack... at least at the end of the season if not now.
Im afraid thats my reading into it

We may as well just get behind his beliefs as it wont make any difference, and Im sick of going to a negative Goodison Park. May as well be supportive and hope for the best and he flukes it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back