Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on @The Esk. We need guidance

The nearest parallel I can think of is that we are at decree nisi and we are waiting for decree absolute. No-one knows whether it has been granted tonight or at the season end.

I'm glad to read from an earlier post, that someone else is talking about the future ahead with Moshiri as I was a bit of a lone voice, but I'll stress again his plans for the club are huge, he's prepared to invest significantly and he knows from years of business experience when you invest heavily in something you need the right people to run things - in the case of football, on and off the pitch.

First priority is on the pitch, and we will have a new manager for the summer, pre-season and new season - someone who has the ability and experience of running successful campaigns, ie a winner.

Off the pitch similarly - we're a sleeping giant and someone with Moshiri's commercial intellect won't allow that opportunity to go to waste and will recruit appropriately to ensure it happens.

I wish I could tell you with more clarity precisely where we are this evening, but honestly I don't know - I do know where we will be in the summer and beyond though.

pipe down
half a dozen gifs and you think you something?

*sighs

giphy.gif

The nearest parallel I can think of is that we are at decree nisi and we are waiting for decree absolute. No-one knows whether it has been granted tonight or at the season end.

I'm glad to read from an earlier post, that someone else is talking about the future ahead with Moshiri as I was a bit of a lone voice, but I'll stress again his plans for the club are huge, he's prepared to invest significantly and he knows from years of business experience when you invest heavily in something you need the right people to run things - in the case of football, on and off the pitch.

First priority is on the pitch, and we will have a new manager for the summer, pre-season and new season - someone who has the ability and experience of running successful campaigns, ie a winner.

Off the pitch similarly - we're a sleeping giant and someone with Moshiri's commercial intellect won't allow that opportunity to go to waste and will recruit appropriately to ensure it happens.

I wish I could tell you with more clarity precisely where we are this evening, but honestly I don't know - I do know where we will be in the summer and beyond though.
That will do me mate

WOW. Stubborn and deluded.

He accepts no criticism, his arrogance and ego about his (failed) philosophy is almost comical. What kind of Manager can speak in these terms when he's just secured our worst ever home league record? He goes on about our away stats as if they're amazing, when they're actually just about what you'd expect.

I can see how his deluded optimism wins the gullible/'romantic' Kenwright over, but I'm sure billionaire Moshi will be telling him to sling his hook very shortly.

...that interview makes me feel that he may genuinely be a tad unstable.

He is essentially telling us that 'his way' isn't working...he concedes that 'the other way' will get more points....then stresses he'll never change?!?

Utterly, utterly baffling. And a bit worrying also.

What do you make of Martinez's interviews that have come out this evening?

What do you expect him to do anyway?
Whether he knows he's getting binned or not he's going to act the same until its official, why would you expect anything different? He's manager of EFC as of now and he's speaking as if he's the EFC manager. He's not going ruin an interview because he's getting binned is he?

Thanks so much for the information and insight you provide. It has been a tough few days and your posts are always positive about the future which is great. If you had a moment, I'd like to get your thoughts/insight on why Moshiri has retained Elstone as CEO? I made allowances for Kenwright remaining on as a figurehead, but it seems to me as an outsider that we cannot progress until both of these guys step down. Do you expect Moshiri will eventually have them both replaced with his own appointees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back