Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously ?
No offence, but when people say this sort of stuff, I wonder why they'd go to such an extreme.

I mean, managers and players come and go, but we support the club, not a manager. I don't actually blame anyone for deciding not to go along to Goodison because all sorts of other things can take priority over the club, but just staying away because you'd rather the manager wasn't there is cutting your nose off to spite your face. He won't be here next season anyway, so you'd only miss two games, but would you really not set foot inside Goodison next season if he was still here ?

Yes seriously I don't enjoy the games anymore with him in charge I do not enjoy watching his brand of football and I certainly don't agree with him being kept on after two seasons of failure, I would not come back to watch us until there's a change.

You may not feel strongly on it but I do I won't force myself to do something I don't enjoy and he is ruining my passion for it right now.

don't think he's unstable, just stubbornly sticking to his "principles" which alot of people do. Based off that interview you get the feeling for him "playing the right way" means more than his job security (he'd rather stick to his guns and accept whatever consequences that action entails, then play a different style and get some better results.) It's likely to see him get the sack though

...respectfully mate, it's BRILLIANT being principled, it truly is...but when the application of such principles doesn't actually achieve what's intended then it's time to consider how those principles can be adapted accordingly, dutifully modified and be put to better use....not, and by his very on admission, then stress his intention to stick with them anyway despite admitting the fact they're not working nor bearing fruit of any description and that, yes, another way will probably bring more to the table...

For me that's a BIG problem in the mindset of the man.

In fact it's odd. It's a very odd interview.

I wouldnt pay £500 to watch more of the dross we've seen the last two seasons mate, no. Im with Aaron.

I get the money side of the argument mate, 500 quid is a lot of money and if folk can't really afford it, then I wouldn't blame anyone for jacking it in. But, if you've already paid for it, and will get jack all back for it on Stubhub tomorrow or v Norwich, why not go along and voice your displeasure with the manager ?

don't think he's unstable, just stubbornly sticking to his "principles" which alot of people do. Based off that interview you get the feeling for him "playing the right way" means more than his job security (he'd rather stick to his guns and accept whatever consequences that action entails, then play a different style and get some better results.) It's naive though and likely to see him get the sack though

Spot on mate.

Regardless what we think and what we witness with our very own eyes - he 100% believes that his way is the right way to achieve success. Whether it's delusional or stubbornness doesn't really matter, his faith that he his way is 100% correct is commendable because he won't waver with those beliefs even though it will lose him the biggest job he will ever get.

That interview is nuts but am I surprised? Nope and no one on here should be either because he hasn't changed his tune for 2 years. The man is fighting to save his job but in doing so isn't giving us any soundbites that we could say "well at least he's learning".

We will be thankful for his delusion in a few weeks as he's talked himself out of a job.

Let's just all hang in there, take a few more weeks of garbage of we have to knowing that we will come out of this all the better for it.

It doesn't matter, because according to his logic, when his amazing, magic, phenomenal football philosophy clicks in to gear, you don't need good players because the system, the philosophy wins matches.

We lose Lukaku, but with the Martinez system(TM) in full flow, we could have Jason Lee slotting from 12 yards every game. The system even enables flops to score a hat full of goals each week.

Don't forget though he'll have to take into account the one percent the team loses in the league once you qualify for a Wembley semi-final. If we've only lost one percent since the QF then the rest of season the team must've been operating at max 5%!

Got to laugh at him thinking its easier to replace a high value player than a low value one.

I get the money side of the argument mate, 500 quid is a lot of money and if folk can't really afford it, then I wouldn't blame anyone for jacking it in. But, if you've already paid for it, and will get jack all back for it on Stubhub tomorrow or v Norwich, why not go along and voice your displeasure with the manager ?
I have just 500 odd for my season ticket 500 for my old man's 500 for the Wembley trip and spent money with Everton all this season to watch utter turd. I'd rather sell it to someone who wants to watch that crap and keep my seat for when a change happens then not have my seat any longer

I've not read it all, but the bits I read were frankly delusional, they bear no parallels with reality both in terms of his understanding of his own philosophy and most importantly the effectiveness of it.

There's almost a David Icke quality to what he says....

;)

Thanks so much for the information and insight you provide. It has been a tough few days and your posts are always positive about the future which is great. If you had a moment, I'd like to get your thoughts/insight on why Moshiri has retained Elstone as CEO? I made allowances for Kenwright remaining on as a figurehead, but it seems to me as an outsider that we cannot progress until both of these guys step down. Do you expect Moshiri will eventually have them both replaced with his own appointees?

Thanks for your kind comments.

When Moshiri first invested I stated we would see evolution not revolution, but I suspect the reality of the situation on and off the field in terms of management and leadership will change to become much more revolution, ie an acceleration of the change process.

It's very difficult for a football club to change manager and its senior executives at the same time - Manchester United suffered hugely from losing SAF and David Gill within months of each other. Now we are a different case clearly, but there has to be some continuity. Thus if Martinez leaves in the next couple of weeks (or less) as expected, I do not see us "losing" Elstone in the very near future, but I do expect him to be replaced 6-12 months out. This is particularly poignant in the light of the anticipated expenditure on players this summer.

Furthermore I'd expect further changes at board level, probably in line with his share purchases from Woods and BK, but possibly beforehand - if it was me, I'd be strengthening the board as soon as I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back