Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly very tempted this is all killing me slowly

tumblr_m5rna4EVbu1qcuaeno1_500.gif

...respectfully mate, it's BRILLIANT being principled, it truly is...but when the application of such principles doesn't actually achieve what's intended then it's time to consider how those principles can be adapted accordingly, dutifully modified and be put to better use....not, and by his very on admission, then stress his intention to stick with them anyway despite admitting the fact they're not working nor bearing fruit of any description and that, yes, another way will probably bring more to the table...

For me that's a BIG problem in the mindset of the man.

In fact it's odd. It's a very odd interview.
I don't think its working, or a great plan considering he's a footie manager. Just pointing out its not that uncommon for people to theortically "live or die" by their principles. Looks like he's going to "die"(get the sack) from his. It's stubborn and naive, but rather common

Thanks so much for the information and insight you provide. It has been a tough few days and your posts are always positive about the future which is great. If you had a moment, I'd like to get your thoughts/insight on why Moshiri has retained Elstone as CEO? I made allowances for Kenwright remaining on as a figurehead, but it seems to me as an outsider that we cannot progress until both of these guys step down. Do you expect Moshiri will eventually have them both replaced with his own appointees?

I'm not ITK at all, but I suspect he'll transition the board over the coming weeks and months. From what we've seen so far, he's clearly a measured character, not someone who's going to rock the boat straight away. I expect there is all sorts of work going on behind the scenes, and binning off Elstone especially will be on the agenda. Elstone has proven himself to be a bit of a lightweight commercially. Moshi will have worked with proper results-driven sharks in his years of building a billion pound empire and he'll pull in the appropriate people.

Man is delusional beyond comprehension. Tomorrow it has to be made clear to the club that we don't want him and won't put up with him anymore. If we all sit there and make no noise whatsoever it mean this clown is allowed to stay. Stand up and voice your anger blues, it's the only way.

It really Annoys me the fact that he never once, not even slightly, admits to being at fault for any of our awful results.

It's been home fans, refs, intensity, form, injuries, being in Europe, winning an FA Cup quarter final, bad luck, playing three days before, not playing for two weeks, etc etc.

He has never once shown the merest hint of humility by just saying, "you know what, I have made some mistakes myself this season," but here he is giving interviews with his feet up, inviting the press into his boudoir, sounding like AutoCorrect gone wrong. He's ridiculous.

Man is delusional beyond comprehension. Tomorrow it has to be made clear to the club that we don't want him and won't put up with him anymore. If we all sit there and make no noise whatsoever it mean this clown is allowed to stay. Stand up and voice your anger blues, it's the only way.
I think the banner on the plane "time to go Roberto NSNO" will make it clear mate.

It really Annoys me the fact that he never once, not even slightly, admits to being at fault for any of our awful results.

It's been home fans, refs, intensity, form, injuries, being in Europe, winning an FA Cup quarter final, bad luck, playing three days before, not playing for two weeks, etc etc.

He has never once shown the merest hint of humility by just saying, "you know what, I have made some mistakes myself this season," but here he is giving interviews with his feet up, inviting the press into his boudoir, sounding like AutoCorrect gone wrong. He's ridiculous.

lol

...respectfully mate, it's BRILLIANT being principled, it truly is...but when the application of such principles doesn't actually achieve what's intended then it's time to consider how those principles can be adapted accordingly, dutifully modified and be put to better use....not, and by his very on admission, then stress his intention to stick with them anyway despite admitting the fact they're not working nor bearing fruit of any description and that, yes, another way will probably bring more to the table...

For me that's a BIG problem in the mindset of the man.

In fact it's odd. It's a very odd interview.

Absolutely.

I'm all for principles, and believing the game should be played in an attractive, expansive way, but reality doesn't tally with his comments. It's not like we're competing and narrowly losing games. We're a push over now and the players look lost. If we were losing, but actually showing phenomenal character, togetherness and playing in a style that you can see will work 'when it all clicks', then I wouldn't be so against him. The fact is it'll never 'click' because the philosophy is flawed and/or Martinez isn't the right man to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back