Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he knows the end is nigh. You can see it in his face. He knows.

He is as disappointed as we are. You can see the hurt in his eyes. He is a good man who has underachieved with the current squad. I actually feel sorry for him now. Some of the vitriol aimed at him is completely unnecessary.

But then he clearly needs to show some humility and own his failings as the boss of Everton FC. I agree that some of the things i have read and heard on twitter and other social media from so called fans has been disgusting. That said its almost as if Martinez is popcorning the fans who attend and spend hard earned money each week. To continually talk about 'his' philosophy and how it will turn around and win us silverwear is laughable and deluded. Nothing in the last two seasons even slightly leans towards this, if anything its dragging us further and further down.

How is it possible that just us 'average joe's' watching football can see it whilst the man who supposedly lives and breathes football cannot see the basic fundamental flaws in whatever it is he is trying to achieve? It really is baffling that you would allow the same thing to continually happen throughout a season and not once think to ebb the flow of said failings. It's like you or i going to work and having management and peers explain to you that the process you have followed is incorrect but completely ignoring them all and the results of your mis-management and carry on in your own little world without any regard to the cluster f@ck you have left behind. It wouldn't happen so i struggle to comprehend how it can happen at a PL football club for so long.

But then he clearly needs to show some humility and own his failings as the boss of Everton FC. I agree that some of the things i have read and heard on twitter and other social media from so called fans has been disgusting. That said its almost as if Martinez is popcorning the fans who attend and spend hard earned money each week. To continually talk about 'his' philosophy and how it will turn around and win us silverwear is laughable and deluded. Nothing in the last two seasons even slightly leans towards this, if anything its dragging us further and further down.

How is it possible that just us 'average joe's' watching football can see it whilst the man who supposedly lives and breathes football cannot see the basic fundamental flaws in whatever it is he is trying to achieve? It really is baffling that you would allow the same thing to continually happen throughout a season and not once think to ebb the flow of said failings. It's like you or i going to work and having management and peers explain to you that the process you have followed is incorrect but completely ignoring them all and the results of your mis-management and carry on in your own little world without any regard to the cluster f@ck you have left behind. It wouldn't happen so i struggle to comprehend how it can happen at a PL football club for so long.
After dour Davey he gave us some hope and ambition. It's the hope and ambition that has proven his undoing. He believes what he is doing and is under enormous pressure to do well, both from himself and us. Hence the nervous ramblings.

It will soon be over.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at board meetings and see Moshiri's face as he realizes his manager and his board are a bunch of massive whoppers. Then he tunes them out and starts thinking about how quickly he can replace them all.

Then he presses a button a la Dr Evil so the floor beneath Elstone's seat opens up, and he drops into a windowless room with the skeletal remains of Trevor Birch and Keith Wyness chained to a wall in the corner.

Too far?

After dour Davey he gave us some hope and ambition. It's the hope and ambition that has proven his undoing. He believes what he is doing and is under enormous pressure to do well, both from himself and us. Hence the nervous ramblings.

It will soon be over.

But that's not true though is it. Granted first season he seemed to raise the bar and give us fans hope for a brighter future. That's not what ultimately has cost him though, its the fact that he is unwilling to bend or move from this great philosophy that has worked once in however many seasons in the PL. All the other seasons have been in the bottom half of the PL either with us or Wigan. It's delusion and pride that has been his downfall unfortunately and also a lack of humility.

Having said all this i hope that once this debacle is over and done with he can go and rebuild his career at another club and hopefully learn from his failings here.

if Howard plays tomorrow the last bit of good will I had for him disappears I'm afraid, every game Joel plays at this level is important to his development, it would be a selfish arrogant decision to play his favourite, and the manager needs booing to high hell if he pulls this stunt
Can't wait to see him flap at a cross for their first goal and then all the tennis balls.

Just read the mail article. He´s off his trolley. If his bloody system works so well how´d it get Wigan relegated and if the players don´t matter why aren´t we top of the league instead of Leicester poor devils who are relying on defence and a couple of good players. Does he get to choose his own questions? Why does no-one call him on this drivel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back