Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Carragher interview is very worrying. He's so stubborn and arrogant in his ways, he won't ever change and if that means dragging us down then so be it. It's like he's completely detached from reality and this frustrates me so much.

You've got to admire how brilliant he is at the media however, for the first time I've got concerns he might be here next season. I don't know if that's just the Martinez spell - reading his answers he's so charismatic and find yourself rooting for him, then you have flashbacks from the performance of the last two years and you think hold on this fella is an absolute con.

Actually we are very lucky we escaped relegation this year..
I kind of agree. This team performs worse than Mike Walker's on the whole - in fact have't we just had the worst home season ever this year? No amount of wins will avoid that record. Seen our squad on paper? You have to try very hard to be this crap, with these players.

Lukaku with his 20+ goals, 75% of the England defence including stand in captain, award winning Argentine international defender, Seamus Coleman with his international status, hot young kid pinched from Barcelona, England's hottest young thing in Ross, and when he got round to playing him, Spain's second best (and Spain's U21 first choice ahead of DeGea until injury struck) goalkeeper. Yet we rely on a man who is by far and away our best and most consistent player, the evergreen-and-superb-thank-God-for Gareth-Barry. I'm not knocking Barry, I like him a hell of a lot, but this side should not rely on a 35 year old.

If he hadn't started the season (and I'm reluctant to use this word, but) well, and if the bottom 4 weren't so poor, and if we hadn't had Lukaku's goals, we'd have been down there. I appreciate that's quite a few "if's" but the margins are fine and in my opinion, if action isn't taken, it'll be back to the bad old days of the '90's soon. Good God I hope that's avoided. Moshiri, if he proves effective and decisive, and recruits well (I assume Martinez is ultimately toast) may have come in the nick of time.

Never though I'd say this in a serious tone, but, at least we're not Villa.

That Carragher interview is very worrying. He's so stubborn and arrogant in his ways, he won't ever change and if that means dragging us down then so be it. It's like he's completely detached from reality and this frustrates me so much.

You've got to admire how brilliant he is at the media however, for the first time I've got concerns he might be here next season. I don't know if that's just the Martinez spell - reading his answers he's so charismatic and find yourself rooting for him, then you have flashbacks from the performance of the last two years and you think hold on this fella is an absolute con.

That Carragher interview has put me on his side. You can't help but buy into what he is selling us and I like his philosophy in theory

I kind of agree. This team performs worse than Mike Walker's on the whole - in fact have't we just had the worst home season ever this year? No amount of wins will avoid that record. Seen our squad on paper? You have to try very hard to be this crap, with these players.

Lukaku with his 20+ goals, 75% of the England defence including stand in captain, award winning Argentine international defender, Seamus Coleman with his international status, hot young kid pinched from Barcelona, England's hottest young thing in Ross, and when he got round to playing him, Spain's second best (and Spain's U21 first choice ahead of DeGea until injury struck) goalkeeper. Yet we rely on a man who is by far and away our best and most consistent player, the evergreen-and-superb-thank-God-for Gareth-Barry. I'm not knocking Barry, I like him a hell of a lot, but this side should not rely on a 35 year old.

If he hadn't started the season (and I'm reluctant to use this word, but) well, and if the bottom 4 weren't so poor, and if we hadn't had Lukaku's goals, we'd have been down there. I appreciate that's quite a few "if's" but the margins are fine and in my opinion, if action isn't taken, it'll be back to the bad old days of the '90's soon. Good God I hope that's avoided. Moshiri, if he proves effective and decisive, and recruits well (I assume Martinez is ultimately toast) may have come in the nick of time.

Never though I'd say this in a serious tone, but, at least we're not Villa.

It's like the England international team of years gone by. Individual class but when it came to play as a team they were hopeless.

That Carragher interview has put me on his side. You can't help but buy into what he is selling us and I like his philosophy in theory
Yes you can help it!! Where is the proof that his philosophy and methods work?? If he had success then yes but he doesn't have anything apart from being relegated and now getting us very close to that abysmal achievement. Guidiola, Ancelotti, Mourinho, even Klopp have PROVED there methods work, so they can be stubborn because they know eventually it will end in success.

Yes you can help it!! Where is the proof that his philosophy and methods work?? If he had success then yes but he doesn't have anything apart from being relegated and now getting us very close to that abysmal achievement. Guidiola, Ancelotti, Mourinho, even Klopp have PROVED there methods work, so they can be stubborn because they know eventually it will end in success.

I'm so confused!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm in a relationship with the man and as much as I want to leave him I can't help but think he's gonna change!

It's seems that the board are sticking with him and two fingers to what the fans wants. It's seems that bill knows what best for us.
If we lose today, we better hope that sunderalnd and norwich lose and Newcastle but Newcastle will win today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back