Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Give him some money & another season'... This is a man who spent £26m+ on Niasse, Kone, McGeady & Besic.

His style of play is dated & unsuccessful. He cannot organise a defence, he's stubborn & refuses to change his ways. 2 miserable seasons.

Cup runs where we defeated the mighty Norwich (nearly relegated) Carlisle, Dagenham (relegated to the Conference) and the worst Chelsea team in a decade doesn't paper over the cracks for me.

The fee and the signing go hand in hand. Therefore, you questioned the signing of Lukaku.

Maybe in some alternative universe you can pretend that you were happy with us buying him when we did.

No. That doesn't work that way.

I had a problem with the fee only. I thought we could get him for around £18-20m.

I did not have a problem with the signing. You were wrong.

It's not though. I stood out weeks/months/years before anyone else. The term plotter was created for the likes of me. The thought of Hughes being manager was fine before Moshiri, but the games changed.

Like I said, I called Martinez before anyone on this forum. Prove me wrong.

Hughes is a better manager BTW.

I don't know how to argue back to this. Imagine saying that 12 months ago.

Difficult to fire the man after he today successfully navigated us to mathematical safety re staying in the PL. Having said that, I would like to see him appoint a decent defence coach since I only give our defence performance this season, a bare pass mark.

I don't know how to argue back to this. Imagine saying that 12 months ago.
It's impossible to argue back as I was the one who stuck he head above the parapet and told each and everyone if of you Martinez wasn't good enough for our club.

Difficult to fire the man after he today successfully navigated us to mathematical safety re staying in the PL. Having said that, I would like to see him appoint a decent defence coach since I only give our defence performance this season, a bare pass mark.

You must question the manager that appoints dennis lawrence, one time winner of player of the month at wrexham.

It's impossible to argue back as I was the one who stuck he head above the parapet and told each and everyone if of you Martinez wasn't good enough for our club.

This place never used to be about that though, it's become more about who can be right as opposed to just chatting about our favourite club.

Us old timers are going into hiding daily because of it.

Grats tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back