Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...so he doesn't KNOW then?

Ta.

Davek, I'm not the story here, but Martinez will not be here beyond the end of the season.

The reason why? Because after 3 years at Everton and 7 years in the Premier League his approach to football has been truly discredited, not by concerned fans, or even keyboard warriors, it's discredited by every opposition player and manager, and frankly by several of our first team squad.

It's not personal, at least from the majority of reasonable, decent fans, it's quite sad and unfortunate, but we're not a benevolent society for failed tactical approaches.

As Neville Southall said earlier in the week "We should be proud enough to say we’re going to win the league". That's Moshiri's ambition too - so we need to progress towards that, not regress at an ever quickening rate as we are currently.

You're a passionate blue, I'd love to know what you were thinking during the Derby and the first half of the Cup Final?

...we have a billionaire in tow now. How realistic would it be that he cant pay Martinez up? If this board were about to cave in to a mob holding bedsheets they'd have brought a caretaker in by now and paid RM off. It doesn't make sense that they'd let this linger.

Decision had been made according to well source lads on here. Moshiri is not stupid, why should he pay to get rid of someone who is not doing his job well. It's inevitable mate.

Poll has been reset. Please recast your vote.

It was;

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 18.18.07.webp

Doesn't make sense to me. I doubt BK would put RM through that to just elbow him one side.

Who knows what's going on. I dont and no one here does. You can be certain of that.

Makes perfect sense? Pointless changing it with 3 meaningless games to go.

And what if the desired replacement isn't available until the summer

Davek, I'm not the story here, but Martinez will not be here beyond the end of the season.

The reason why? Because after 3 years at Everton and 7 years in the Premier League his approach to football has been truly discredited, not by concerned fans, or even keyboard warriors, it's discredited by every opposition player and manager, and frankly by several of our first team squad.

It's not personal, at least from the majority of reasonable, decent fans, it's quite sad and unfortunate, but we're not a benevolent society for failed tactical approaches.

As Neville Southall said earlier in the week "We should be proud enough to say we’re going to win the league". That's Moshiri's ambition too - so we need to progress towards that, not regress at an ever quickening rate as we are currently.

You're a passionate blue, I's love to know what you were thinking during the Derby and the first half of the Cup Final?
Are we any further forward on his replacement? And in your opinion do you think we stand a chance in getting Jose?

You're a passionate blue, I's love to know what you were thinking during the Derby and the first half of the Cup Final?

You said it: THREE seasons. In that time he's amassed our highest PL total (funny how you never address how a 'discredited manager' did that) and got us within touching distance of two cup finals. For a team moderately funded that is nowhere near a busted flush of a record that you imply. By the way, I hope you'll have the good grace each season in future to look at how far any new manager falls short of Martinez's foirst season and then declare them also 'discredited'.

As for this 'new top manager' btw: are to give us a taster of at least the level we can expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back