Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously that is not the reason why he needs to go.

22 wins in 73 PL matches since the start of last season and worst home record with 8 defeats are the main reasons.

43% win rate (third highest in Everton managerial history)
Top PL points record.

That's why he doesn't deserve to leave.

You said it: THREE seasons. In that time he's amassed our highest PL total (funny how you never address how a 'discredited manager' did that) and got us within touching distance of two cup finals. For a team moderately funded that is nowhere near a busted flush of a record that you imply. By the way, I hope you'll have the good grace each season in future to look at how far any new manager falls short of Martinez's foirst season and then declare them also 'discredited'.

As for this 'new top manager' btw: are to give us a taster of at least the level we can expect?

Yes, we regressed over those three seasons David, there's no denying that. The first season was a combination of the "tremendous platform" (his description of what he inherited from David Moyes) and Martinez's attacking principles, but since then what's happened?

I've quoted often enough and spoken on radio about the targets we are going for - none of which have ever been denied by the club, on record or off record.

Hahahahaha, still clinging to the 72 point trophy lol

Shame he's followed it up by achieving the worst home record in our 138 year history and a derby performance that was absolutely shameful.
...I still haven't seen your list of top managers we'll be choosing from.....

Expecto Nihil Bene Omnia

The new NSNO

Can't believe there's anyone left that seriouslybelieves Martinez is the right answer.
I don't think anyone does. I mean that, it's not about Martinez being the right manager, it's about them being wrong all along which is the hardest thing to accept.

Similar to Kenwright, he thought he had it right with Martinez and his appointment, unfortunately he was wrong, we're just waiting for him to admit his failings.

It's on it's way because I 100% trust Esk.

Shame on anyone who puts their pride ahead of the club and it's plight.

He should never of been appointed, that's a fact, it's a fact he's going and this whole sorry episode can be put behind us.

You said it: THREE seasons. In that time he's amassed our highest PL total (funny how you never address how a 'discredited manager' did that) and got us within touching distance of two cup finals. For a team moderately funded that is nowhere near a busted flush of a record that you imply. By the way, I hope you'll have the good grace each season in future to look at how far any new manager falls short of Martinez's foirst season and then declare them also 'discredited'.

As for this 'new top manager' btw: are to give us a taster of at least the level we can expect?

Touching distance of two cup finals? Comprehensively outplayed by two sides in inconsistent form themselves. You know as well as anyone that the regression over the two seasons since is more significant than that first season with a squad of players that were mostly not his. All of the key statistics are going downwards. Why would anyone continue to back that?

Any new manager will get the same window of time that Martinez has. If after three years they have regressed as much as Martinez has (unable to get out of the bottom half, worst home record in our entire history, terrible defensive record, players and fans not behind him) then they will get fired as well. This view of 'anyone who doesn't get 72 points should now be discredited' as you continue to back Martinez's 2 subsequent seasons of failure is very infantile.

Yes, we regressed over those three seasons David, there's no denying that. The first season was a combination of the "tremendous platform" (his description of what he inherited from David Moyes) and Martinez's attacking principles, but since then what's happened?

I've quoted often enough and spoken on radio about the targets we are going for - none of which have ever been denied by the club, on record or off record.

Oh dear.

The David Moyes magic beans explanation for season one.

Surely you're better than that? If you cant give the mana credit for his achievements then it's fair to say the rest of your assessment is skewed.

I prefer to look at, and study, trends. A one off season, good or bad, can be dismissed as a blip in the trend. In Martinez's case, that trend is now 7 seasons in the league. And it is terrifying in its trajectory.

It is obvious, studying said trend, that he is regressing the team. Note, the team, not the club, as he has contributed superbly to us of the field.

If he was given £100m to spend, would the team improve? Yes.

If a manager with a more respectable trend over 7 years improve it? Yes, but more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back