Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FA Cup whimper? We had a depleted team out against a team that needed a £50M player to beat us. We were very unfortunate not to win it...but, of course, everything has to be described as a disaster doesn't it?
But you said that not only would we get to the final but we'd win the cup . What happened Dave ?

And what about how terrible we were in the derby ?

You said it: THREE seasons. In that time he's amassed our highest PL total (funny how you never address how a 'discredited manager' did that) and got us within touching distance of two cup finals. For a team moderately funded that is nowhere near a busted flush of a record that you imply. By the way, I hope you'll have the good grace each season in future to look at how far any new manager falls short of Martinez's foirst season and then declare them also 'discredited'.

As for this 'new top manager' btw: are to give us a taster of at least the level we can expect?

Hahahahahaha yeerrrrrssssss he's back *windmills*

FA Cup whimper? We had a depleted team out against a team that needed a £50M player to beat us. We were very unfortunate not to win it...but, of course, everything has to be described as a disaster doesn't it?
Did you actually see the 2 games ? Putrid performace vs the RS, didn't turn up for 60 mins in the SF and belatedly went for it (more to do with the players imo than any "tactics" from rm) Good popcorning though......Comedy gold you :dance::dance:

Yes, we regressed over those three seasons David, there's no denying that. The first season was a combination of the "tremendous platform" (his description of what he inherited from David Moyes) and Martinez's attacking principles, but since then what's happened?

I've quoted often enough and spoken on radio about the targets we are going for - none of which have ever been denied by the club, on record or off record.
...just give us a ballpark estimation of who the top managers are...what level? World Cup winners? CL winners? PL winners?

Dont be coy. After all, you're the one volunteering the ITK news so I'd say the forum should at least get to know a little more of the standard of manager coming in to replace Martinez, seeing as you're insistent it's happening.

Did you actually see the 2 games ? Putrid performace vs the RS, didn't turn up for 60 mins in the SF and belatedly went for it (more to do with the players imo than any "tactics" from rm) Good popcorning though......Comedy gold you :dance::dance:

...didn't turn up but had more chances to win it than United. Yes mate, we went out without a fight.

*Jesus wept*

...just give us a ballpark estimation of who the top managers are...what level? World Cup winners? CL winners? PL winners?

Dont be coy. After all, you're the one volunteering the ITK news so I'd say the forum should at least get to know a little more of the standard of manager coming in to replace Martinez, seeing as you're insistent it's happening.

Bit cheap that Dave.

You know full well what folk can and cant say when they do volunteer info.

Oh dear.

The David Moyes magic beans explanation for season one.

Surely you're better than that? If you cant give the mana credit for his achievements then it's fair to say the rest of your assessment is skewed.

I think you'll find I said a combination of the Moyes "platform" praised by Martinez and Martinez's attacking principles - I think that fairly credits him with achieving 5th that year.

But talking of "skewed assessments" that was two whole seasons ago, and we've regressed hugely since then for reasons well known and discussed here a million times.

I find your support of him on the basis of one season now two seasons back, unfathomable, especially with the catastrophic deterioration in form and spirit within the club in recent months.

How for example would you expect Martinez to retain all our talent this summer, based on the evidence of this season?

Martinez is 'head and shoulders above trash like Howe and Hughes' - makes no sense
Our main problem during Martinez's time has been defensively. Both Bournemouth and Stoke have conceded more goals than us in the league, so Howe and Hughes wouldn't be any improvement on Martinez from what I can see. Liverpool have conceded one goal less than us and Klopp is seen as a tactical genius.

...I still haven't seen your list of top managers we'll be choosing from.....
Pellegrini.

Champions league experience. Has won Trophies including out smarting your so called top manager over two legs nit too long ago and would attract far better names than niasse.

Welcome back, can see your mask hasn't dropped yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back