Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find I said a combination of the Moyes "platform" praised by Martinez and Martinez's attacking principles - I think that fairly credits him with achieving 5th that year.

But talking of "skewed assessments" that was two whole seasons ago, and we've regressed hugely since then for reasons well known and discussed here a million times.

I find your support of him on the basis of one season now two seasons back, unfathomable, especially with the catastrophic deterioration in form and spirit within the club in recent months.

How for example would you expect Martinez to retain all our talent this summer, based on the evidence of this season?
Go easy on him esk, he'll go scurrying off again. It's great having him back.

...just give us a ballpark estimation of who the top managers are...what level? World Cup winners? CL winners? PL winners?

Dont be coy. After all, you're the one volunteering the ITK news so I'd say the forum should at least get to know a little more of the standard of manager coming in to replace Martinez, seeing as you're insistent it's happening.

I've mentioned (before the press - in case you want to throw that at me) Jose, Pellegrini, de Boer and Koeman. Other names are now in the public domain as candidates. I'm being as transparent as I possibly can be.

But this is not about me, it's about the unsuitability of Martinez as a manager, when he goes and who potential replacements are.

I think you'll find I said a combination of the Moyes "platform" praised by Martinez and Martinez's attacking principles - I think that fairly credits him with achieving 5th that year.

But talking of "skewed assessments" that was two whole seasons ago, and we've regressed hugely since then for reasons well known and discussed here a million times.

I find your support of him on the basis of one season now two seasons back, unfathomable, especially with the catastrophic deterioration in form and spirit within the club in recent months.

How for example would you expect Martinez to retain all our talent this summer, based on the evidence of this season?
You have little sense of our recent history if you class this season as a catastrophe. Then again, it seems to be de rigueur to describe every single action of the pre Moshiri Martinez era as a slump. It's just lazy nonsense.

PL form has tumbled and needs to be addressed. There is every indication that a manager like Martinez who is good with transfer dealings would use that well to get us back where he had us in season one.

As said though, this new manager: you will review his progress at next season's end and declare it a failure if he hasn't used an enormous amount of cash to reach CL football or at least surpassed Martinez's record total of points...wont you?

He doesnt support Martinez as much as he makes out.

All an act by now. He might have believed it in the beginning but take a fool to back Jim now

He's holding out for the miracle that Martinez gets another season. His definition of being 'right' has switched from predicting a minimum expectation of 60 points with two cup runs to being certain that Martinez will not get fired this year. Moshiri coming in has put the cat amongst the pigeons for him. No doubt that will be the excuse when Martinez is fired.

If we all had the same opinion, life would be a boring place.

But there are times when some peoples opinions are just completely out of whack with basic reality, to the point that you wonder if they're really serious or if they have ulterior motives for holding such views.

Not really opinions though . Just incoherent ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back