Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are not many managers whose style of football almost send me to sleep. Pass sideways then back then sideways again. hi bo put more tackles in yesterday than the rest of them almost put together this season. His sides do not compete and battle. Not good enough to outplay others but then don't try and grind a result out.

You have little sense of our recent history if you class this season as a catastrophe. Then again, it seems to be de rigueur to describe every single action of the pre Moshiri Martinez era as a slump. It's just lazy nonsense.

PL form has tumbled and needs to be addressed. There is every indication that a manager like Martinez who is good with transfer dealings would use that well to get us back where he had us in season one.

As said though, this new manager: you will review his progress at next season's end and declare it a failure if he hasn't used an enormous amount of cash to reach CL football or at least surpassed Martinez's record total of points...wont you?

I remember the relegation battles. With this clown in charge we are heading for one next season. Thank God we have had teams as bad as Newcastle, Norwich, Sunderland and Villa in the league this year.

Unfortunately for you Dave the fan base have turned on Martinez, the situation is terminal. You might think he is the greatest manager we have had in the past 25 years but Everton needs a manager the majority can get behind. That man is not Martinez.

The same one as Koeman is in. WTF has Koeman dont to get any better thought of than Martinez? A couple of decent seasons in the PL notching up 50 odd/60 points?

That is NOT top class.
If he has had a couple of decent seasons in the PL then that is one more than Martinez.

Bad; Alcaraz, Kone, McGeady, Niasse, Mattioni, Rodriguez

Mediocre; Cleverly, McCarthy, Holgate, Lennon, Barry, Galloway (Probably would make a good signing played as a CB)

Good; Besic (When played as a CM), Robles, Funes Mori, Deulofeu

Very Good; Lukaku (overpriced by 10mill at time of purchase for an unwanted player)

That's my opinion on his signings, his Transfer market signings arent as good as everyone is making out tbh but that's just my opinion.

Well, I'd say Niasse the jury is still very much out.

Same with Rodriguez and Holgate. Youth players primarily (I know Rod is 23) but both have had injuries this year. Holgate has had rave reviews though from what I've heard. Mattioni has cost nothing I can't think you can call that a signing.

Alcaraz - again, on a free I think it was decent business at the time. Not good enough for us in the end. McGeady, similarly, was a punt but cost what, 750k plus wages?

Galloway will be a great signing. Lennon has been a good signing and added a lot to us. If you can't see the importance Barry has to our team then I despair...

Hold on, Koeman and De Boer are not in the class of the other two. They are bog standard PL type managers. That is not 'top class'. Winning Eredivisie is not a CV that screams out ambition with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of funding...and Pellegrini is nowhere near Mourinho's class.

Top class really only defines one manager there.

So you think we can get Mourinho do you?
How can you call De Boer 'bog standard' when he hasn't even managed in the PL yet?

How about you answering some questions @davek ?

On what basis do you believe Martinez is the right man to progress the club next season?
In a highly competitive transfer market what qualities does Martinez possess to attract the highest talents?
What should Martinez do differently next season than this?
Given his resistance to change, how would you persuade Martinez to take on board those changes and effect them?

You have little sense of our recent history if you class this season as a catastrophe. Then again, it seems to be de rigueur to describe every single action of the pre Moshiri Martinez era as a slump. It's just lazy nonsense.

PL form has tumbled and needs to be addressed. There is every indication that a manager like Martinez who is good with transfer dealings would use that well to get us back where he had us in season one.

As said though, this new manager: you will review his progress at next season's end and declare it a failure if he hasn't used an enormous amount of cash to reach CL football or at least surpassed Martinez's record total of points...wont you?
So you would be prepared to risk our whole future and the chance to get back amongst the top clubs in the country by sticking with a manager who has lost the players and the vast majority of the crowd?
You say he is good with transfer dealings but for me his only success in the transfer market was Lukaku who was hardly unknown and doesn't want to play for him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back