Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we any further forward on his replacement? And in your opinion do you think we stand a chance in getting Jose?

Mate, I'm not party to those discussions, I get a decent flow of information, some which is shared here - that's all.

If Jose wants to stay in the PL and United don't want him then yes we have a chance, but Pellegrini is the more likely candidate in my opinion.

Makes perfect sense? Pointless changing it with 3 meaningless games to go.

And what if the desired replacement isn't available until the summer
...what, BK would be doing his mate Roberto no favours by having him stay on in false hope to suffer the abuse he's taking off 'the clever people'.

You said it: THREE seasons. In that time he's amassed our highest PL total (funny how you never address how a 'discredited manager' did that) and got us within touching distance of two cup finals. For a team moderately funded that is nowhere near a busted flush of a record that you imply. By the way, I hope you'll have the good grace each season in future to look at how far any new manager falls short of Martinez's foirst season and then declare them also 'discredited'.

As for this 'new top manager' btw: are to give us a taster of at least the level we can expect?

...is that the same as turned over & out-thought in two semi's mate?

How simple can it be to correlate that, whatever Martinez did in Year 1, he hasn't done in Years 2 and 3? I said earlier this weekend that, even allowing for a moderate amount of slack for points we shouldn't have dropped in the course of the games - never mind the ones we would assume we ought to have collected against (apparently) lesser opponents - namely Stoke and West Ham (home), Bournemouth and Chelsea (away) where we GENUINELY HAD SOME SORT OF GRIEVANCE over misfortune, stupidity, bad reffing etc as opposed to just crap performance (Arsenal home or the Derby away for example). We would be 8th or 9th on that alone and that's barely good enough. So strip away all our complaining and we're still nowhere near as good as we should be... isn't that obvious to one and all?

You said it: THREE seasons. In that time he's amassed our highest PL total (funny how you never address how a 'discredited manager' did that) and got us within touching distance of two cup finals. For a team moderately funded that is nowhere near a busted flush of a record that you imply. By the way, I hope you'll have the good grace each season in future to look at how far any new manager falls short of Martinez's foirst season and then declare them also 'discredited'.

As for this 'new top manager' btw: are to give us a taster of at least the level we can expect?
Hahahahaha, still clinging to the 72 point trophy lol

Shame he's followed it up by achieving the worst home record in our 138 year history and a derby performance that was absolutely shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back