Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester win the title with 77 points. Spurs second on 70 points. Then people wonder why Roberto's first season total is underlined as a major benchmark for us.

We'll wonder no more.

72 points is the target for any new man with loads more cash. No excuses. Get them or frig off.
Leicester can still get 83 and spurs 76 just to scupper your argument a bit

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If an "ale house team", your words, can get more points, how impressive REALLY is 72?
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. You'll learn how impressive it is mate. It took 30 years to get a points total that matched the team of the 1980s points totals, and it'll be another few years before it's even got near to again.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. You'll learn how impressive it is mate. It took 30 years to get a points total that matched the team of the 1980s points total, and it'll be another few years before it's even got near to again.

And it will be another few years before we look like relegation fodder again once the clown has been sacked and we get a professional in to manage the side.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. You'll learn how impressive it is mate. It took 30 years to get a points total that matched the team of the 1980s points totals, and it'll be another few years before it's even got near to again.

Probably another 30 years till somebody gets the 16 points Villa have got this season as well.

Anyway, thanks for the first season Roberto, if only you didnt throw it all away over the last 24months, hope he enjoy the SPL.

And of course, completely irrelevant. Different seasons, different performances from teams all throughout the league.
Whatever the season 72 points is blistering for us.

I sincerely doubt well get near it again anytime soon. But that will be the new managers task and he'll stand and fall on how close he can get near to it.

Leicester win the title with 77 points. Spurs second on 70 points. Then people wonder why Roberto's first season total is underlined as a major benchmark for us.

We'll wonder no more.

72 points is the target for any new man with loads more cash. No excuses. Get them or frig off.
You are a bit kneejerk there mate. I reckon this is a trait of many on this forum. I'm guessing you are quite young and imbued of Gen Y's predilection toward 'instant gratification'. Us holder heads cut a manager a bit more slack...say 3 years?
I would genuinely hope that the new fella gets that time to show his wares, before you young hotheads 'hold his feet to the fire'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back