Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh just bugger off with your "72 points" rubbish. Did we win anything by getting 72 points? No. Did we win anything by reaching 2 semi-finals? No. Do we look like winning anything under Martinez? No. So having 72 points in a season where our team was based off of Moyes' platform is meaningless.

Do you see West Ham fans bragging about how they've got 59 points?
That looks a world away for us the two seasons following the 72 doesn't it? Conveniently overlooked...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. You'll learn how impressive it is mate. It took 30 years to get a points total that matched the team of the 1980s points totals, and it'll be another few years before it's even got near to again.

This really is comical now. Points totals in isolation mean absolutely NOTHING. It's points won in relation to your opposition that matters, and as we finished 5th when we got our famous 72 points, it transpires that it was no remarkable achievement.

You are a bit kneejerk there mate. I reckon this is a trait of many on this forum. I'm guessing you are quite young and imbued of Gen Y's predilection toward 'instant gratification'. Us holder heads cut a manager a bit more slack...say 3 years?
I would genuinely hope that the new fella gets that time to show his wares, before you young hotheads 'hold his feet to the fire'.
lol lol lol

This really is comical now. Points totals in isolation mean absolutely NOTHING. It's points won in relation to your opposition that matters, and as we finished 5th when we got our famous 72 points, it transpires that it was no remarkable achievement.
Oh right ok mate, perhaps you can tell me the context in which a 72 point season would be considered unimpressive.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back