Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably another 30 years till somebody gets the 16 points Villa have got this season as well.

Anyway, thanks for the first season Roberto, if only you didnt throw it all away over the last 24months, hope he enjoy the SPL.
La Liga or Serie A for RM now.

He'll win something again before we will.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. You'll learn how impressive it is mate. It took 30 years to get a points total that matched the team of the 1980s points totals, and it'll be another few years before it's even got near to again.

Hate to disagree with you Dave but if Martinez gets another year I think we could get 72+ points in the Championship the following year, what with the extra games and all.

Whatever the season 72 points is blistering for us.

I sincerely doubt well get near it again anytime soon. But that will be the new managers task and he'll stand and fall on how close he can get near to it.
Hi Davek,

I'm sure you've probably answered this question before but what would it take in your eyes for Martinez to be deservingly let go?

Whatever the season 72 points is blistering for us.

I sincerely doubt well get near it again anytime soon. But that will be the new managers task and he'll stand and fall on how close he can get near to it.

Oh just bugger off with your "72 points" rubbish. Did we win anything by getting 72 points? No. Did we win anything by reaching 2 semi-finals? No. Do we look like winning anything under Martinez? No. So having 72 points in a season where our team was based off of Moyes' platform is meaningless.

Do you see West Ham fans bragging about how they've got 59 points?

You are a bit kneejerk there mate. I reckon this is a trait of many on this forum. I'm guessing you are quite young and imbued of Gen Y's predilection toward 'instant gratification'. Us holder heads cut a manager a bit more slack...say 3 years?
I would genuinely hope that the new fella gets that time to show his wares, before you young hotheads 'hold his feet to the fire'.
Yeah, Erm, what evs dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back