Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike some of the young hothead posters herein,( those demanding of any new manager, an immediate CL spot), I take a more considered , level-headed approach. If I can see significant improvement, year on year, then I'm willing to be patient.
I wish some of our younger members, who appear to exist vicariously through their FB and Twitter feeds, possessed similar patient fortitude...but such is life.

If Martinez had shown signs of progress after last season I would still be backing him, the reality is he's not.

Things I learned today on here: 72 points is a piece of piss.

Good to know. That means we can demand 80 points out of a new manager funded ten times more than Martinez has been.

That's the title or at least CL spot sorted out then. The benchmark for the future is in excess of the hopeless 72 points achieved by Martinez.

You're like a bad tabloid journo, you. Sensationalising, putting words in people's mouths, ignoring context.

Good to know. That means we can demand 80 points out of a new manager funded ten times more than Martinez has been.

That's the title or at least CL spot sorted out then. The benchmark for the future is in excess of the hopeless 72 points achieved by Martinez.

Oh David.

Why cant you just accept defeat with grace.

How many points did he get last season?

How do you feel about him overseeing the worst home record in our history?

What would be your target for success for Martinez if he stayed next season?

Unlike some of the young hothead posters herein,( those demanding of any new manager, an immediate CL spot), I take a more considered , level-headed approach. If I can see significant improvement, year on year, then I'm willing to be patient.
I wish some of our younger members, who appear to exist vicariously through their FB and Twitter feeds, possessed similar patient fortitude...but such is life.
I'm 23, renewed my season ticket today for the 19th continuous season.

I've had enough of being patient.

The problem at Everton isn't just Martinez, that is just the surface. The core problem at Everton, and it has been this for many years now, is Kenwright.

Him and Woods need removing from the board and from holding any influential position at the club. They are unambitious dinosaurs that have failed in everything they have set out to do. Hence thousands of fans still paying to sit behind a large post trying to watch their team.

72 pts was a fantastic achievement Dave, no one can deny that, last season's finish could have been put down to the Europa league, but our league form has been poor again this season, and Martinez's stubbornness in that the way we are playing is the right way to keep playing, even though it's not working, would have me seriously worried if he was still here next season.

Someone put it a good way earlier, he said we get to the half way line with the ball, and then it's like all the players look at each other and go "WTF are we meant to do now"

Last edited:

Mods

Seriously can something be done about @davek and this thread?

It's just getting totally derailed and all about his opinions now; from people calling him on them to totally narcissistic views from the man himself.

This isn't a personal attack on @davek ; he loves Bobby, know one else does. I get that but this thread is getting tedious now and can't discuss the manager without him or others bringing him into it.

Things we learnt on here today, Leicester are a kick and rush crap football side and we'd all much rather be the leagues entertainers, despite winning naff all, again.

Get a friggin grip David.

4th and 7th isn't 5th though is it. How many times have we finished 4th and 5th is the measure of what is or isn't remarkable. How many times has that happened since we won the league in 87? Three or four times in 30 years. Yes I'd say us getting 5th three seasons ago was REMARKABLE.

He's taking us backwards and can't even get us in the top half of the table with a striker capable of scoring above 20+ goals a season. He's proven he isn't capable of organising our defence. If we didn't have Lukaku, Del and Barkley we'd be in a relegation fight.

This guy you're supporting has barely even used Del the last few months despite him being our highest assisting player and look at our form. He's clueless, lost and only clinging to false hope.

The only thing that has saved us from being in a relegation fight the last two seasons is our individual players natural ability.

Yes, he can get a team to score goals but not while keeping us tight at the back, he has no idea how to and if\when we lose Lukaku, Barkley, Del, Stones during the summer we're in trouble.

If he stays at the club and we lose more than half those players we'll be in serious trouble. We're not going to find it easy to attract quality players, even if we have money with Martinez in charge because unlike you, the vast majority of players and fans realise he's a useless manager and got lucky in his first season.

You should stop imposing fictional points totals that any prospective new manager needs to achieve before getting sacked because that idiot you support has got nowhere near any of them for two seasons running.

We just need a manager who knows how to manage and isn't relying on fluking a cup win whilst only having ever achieved one successful season out of six in his time in the premier league.

Mods

Seriously can something be done about @davek and this thread?

It's just getting totally derailed and all about his opinions now; from people calling him on them to totally narcissistic views from the man himself.

This isn't a personal attack on @davek ; he loves Bobby, know one else does. I get that but this thread is getting tedious now and can't discuss the manager without him or others bringing him into it.

He loves Bobby no more than you or I. What he loves is entrenching himself into a ridiculous position and arguing that black is white rather than simply admitting he is wrong about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back