Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods

Seriously can something be done about @davek and this thread?

It's just getting totally derailed and all about his opinions now; from people calling him on them to totally narcissistic views from the man himself.

This isn't a personal attack on @davek ; he loves Bobby, know one else does. I get that but this thread is getting tedious now and can't discuss the manager without him or others bringing him into it.

It's getting derailed from what ? a thousand pages of get Bobby out ?

I'm 23, renewed my season ticket today for the 19th continuous season.

I've had enough of being patient.

The problem at Everton isn't just Martinez, that is just the surface. The core problem at Everton, and it has been this for many years now, is Kenwright.

Him and Woods need removing from the board and from holding any influential position at the club. They are unambitious dinosaurs that have failed in everything they have set out to do. Hence thousands of fans still paying to sit behind a large post trying to watch their team.

Correct mate. I'm 43, bit of a wool (ok huge wool) being from Shropshire originally but held a season ticket in the distant past, live too far away now. The problem I've seen for years has been infrastructure surrounding the club, and the people responsible for it. Moyes did well sorting out the training facilities only for it to be flogged and leased back. No manager could compete with this circus. Not that I'm exonerating Martinez, he'd be doing well if we spent as much time coaching defending as he does practising post match flows of sewerage.

Whatever it is, it's totally tedious ; as is those who call him on it .

Ruining this thread massively.

Yep, feed the troll as the saying goes.

If it was ignored it would crawl back into its hole.

Can't believe we actually have 40 people on here though who still are happy to employ this bottom half of the table, relegated, soon leading us to relegation, one trick pony, blame everybody but himself, record home lowest points, dressing room losing balloon still!

Things I learned today on here: 72 points is a piece of piss.

Good to know. That means we can demand 80 points out of a new manager funded ten times more than Martinez has been.

That's the title or at least CL spot sorted out then. The benchmark for the future is in excess of the hopeless 72 points achieved by Martinez.

Thats not fair. He did well 2 years ago, I don't think you will find a forum poster who would dispute that and if you could they would be in the minority.

But it is May 2016 not May 2014. There is no reasonable Evertonian who would dispute that both this season and last season were under achievements.

In modern football, if you underperform for two consecutive seasons, you lose your job. If anything, that is a rarity, one season of underperformance would see the end for most managers.

When he took over, I didn't set him the challenge of winning the league, champions league qualification or cup glory. Because with the budget at his disposal that would have been unrealistic. The challenge I gave Martinez, was to maintain Everton's position of best of the rest.

In 2012-13 we finished 6th with 63 points. Liverpool finished 7th with 61 and West Brom trailed in 8th on 49 points.

In my calculation of things, 14 points was a big gap between European chasing Everton the straggling canon fodder of West Broms ilk. It was a bloody big gap. But he has failed spectacularly in maintaining it.

In his first season he surpassed my expectations. I didn't see a season like that coming. But on the target I set Martinez (I am not stupid enough to think the board may set a different one), he has failed miserably over the past two seasons. The gap between Everton and the stragglers has been completely reversed.

He comes across as a lovely man, someone who gets Everton but if he keeps his job he is the most fortunate manager in world football.

This all makes for sad reading for me, fellow supporters sniping and putting each other down. We all have opinions and everyone is entitled to them. Me personally, I think the championing of the 72 points or using his time at wigan as a stick to beat him with are pretty much irrelevant. At the end of the day if he's lost the dressing room and the fan's he has to go. Doesn't matter if he's had a good season 2,3,4,10 years ago. Once you lose the players and fan's it over. Look at jose for example. That to me is the crux of it and all the rest is irrelevant. But as I say just my opinion.

Mods

It's just getting totally derailed and all about his opinions now; from people calling him on them to totally narcissistic views from the man himself.

This isn't a personal attack on @davek ; he loves Bobby, know one else does. I get that but this thread is getting tedious now and can't discuss the manager without him or others bringing him into it.
Put him on ignore, it works a treat. I have.

Mods

It's simple mate, always go to the last page to see if anything interesting seems to have happened, if not, just search for the esk posts as they're the only posts worth looking at on here! Jobs a good un

Mods

So Dave has a point of view and it's his fault people are so vitriolic towards his opinion?
This forum has always been a place where all opinions can be heard, censoring David would be wrong.
The vitriol is unnecessary, we're all blues here despite our differing opinions.

This all makes for sad reading for me, fellow supporters sniping and putting each other down. We all have opinions and everyone is entitled to them. Me personally, I think the championing of the 72 points or using his time at wigan as a stick to beat him with are pretty much irrelevant. At the end of the day if he's lost the dressing room and the fan's he has to go. Doesn't matter if he's had a good season 2,3,4,10 years ago. Once you lose the players and fan's it over. Look at jose for example. That to me is the crux of it and all the rest is irrelevant. But as I say just my opinion.

You are correct in the opinion. It becomes toxic otherwise. In our case it already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back