Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club really should be putting out some kind of statement. I know Everton love to hide things from the fans till the very last minute. But this current situation does no one any favours.

Exactly. With ten times the funding the minimum I expect is top 5. But really any new manager has to be getting top four next season.

Some on here are still under the impression that a top half finish will suffice. But the bar has significantly been raised. If a new manager can't secure rapid success they need to be replaced very quickly.

Challenging for Europa League football will see any new manager keep their job without doubt and I'd be happy with that.

The key for everyone is to see signs of improvement, which honestly won't be difficult after the results of the last 24 months.

I find it pretty easy tbh. He never admits his own failings, he's thrown the fans under the bus for bad performances and we don't win many games.

If that's not enough for you then just remember that Wednesday night at Anfield and the olé football that rang out for about a minute.

I have voted "out" if that's any consolation to you. I was talking about his personality, not his tactics or anything else.

Exactly. With ten times the funding the minimum I expect is top 5. But really any new manager has to be getting top four next season.

Some on here are still under the impression that a top half finish will suffice. But the bar has significantly been raised. If a new manager can't secure rapid success they need to be replaced very quickly.

Good to see some positivity and ambition, but it's the no. 1 slot we want - Leicester have proved it's possible - the glass ceiling has well and truly been shattered - no excuses for us not doing it this year, but certainly none for next year.

A top half finish will be an improvement on the current charade

That's roughly £500m over three years on transfer spending alone for those interested, by the way. Or £200m more than it cost to assemble the City squad.

He's right though, if people on here believe Bobby is seriously underachieving and he should have us 5th 6th 7th, then if a new manager gets a big war chest off Moshi, shouldn't you expect top 4 ?

But clearly he who has finished the last two seasons in the bottom half and being unnervingly close the relegation zones at times, is still our best choice, right?
Be done with the man, davek. He performed better with Swansea than with us, traded the league with Wigan for the FA Cup and now the evidence is clear we're regressing with him at the helm. The more he manages, the worse he gets!

Good to see some positivity and ambition, but it's the no. 1 slot we want - Leicester have proved it's possible - the glass ceiling has well and truly been shattered - no excuses for us not doing it this year, but certainly none for next year.

Phew, I know you know a lot more than me, but let's walk before we can run, haha!

He's right though, if people on here believe Bobby is seriously underachieving and he should have us 5th 6th 7th, then if a new manager gets a big war chest off Moshi, shouldn't you expect top 4 ?

Not going to get half a billion quid is he mate.

Why? Martinez has had two full consecutive seasons of underachievement and is still the club's manager.

That comment is so very very wrong.

Yep. If ruthlessness to be successful is now the operating norm in terms of managerial sackings and appointments then it makes perfect sense that the very top prize in the domestic game should be the determining factor in managers keeping their jobs.

I'm glad to see you underline the point I've been making here today: that success has to be swift or we get rid of managers and move onto the next.

I've spent the past day or so reading through the stacks of new posts on this thread. People seem to get very aggressive with fellow Evertonians over having differing views! There's no need.

The phrase "72" should be banned lol. @davek I've wanted Martinez to succeed as much as anyone and his first season was brilliant no doubt, but to deny that the past two seasons have been poor is just blind faith.

Yes we've been in two semi finals this season, I was at Wembley and felt nothing but sheer frustration at those first 45 minutes. That whole match summed up Martinez's performance these past two seasons: decent mixed with disaster.

There are huge flaws in Bobby's philosophy and although he means well and I have nothing against him personally, the club needs change and that change is 100% coming.

It might just be speculation and @The Esk 's scoop on things (which I fully believe), but I think we're all going to be in for an amazing next 12 months as a club. :cheers:

Can't agree, we need a massive overhaul of the playing squad, players need time to settle, especially overseas ones sometimes.

I appreciate we will have money to spend,but we won't be buying top drawer, we have no European football to offer.

The best we can hope for next season IMO is a decent manager in, some serious squad rebuilding whilst chopping a lot of deadwood and going for a European place in the top 6.

It's nice to have ambition, but be realistic. Sounds a bit daft I know on a night when Leicester have been crowned champions, but these things do happen occasionally.

If I was to place a bet on a team now to win the league next season it would be spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back