Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see some positivity and ambition, but it's the no. 1 slot we want - Leicester have proved it's possible - the glass ceiling has well and truly been shattered - no excuses for us not doing it this year, but certainly none for next year.
The bookies are probably the biggest winners out of this.
Plenty of bets that others would win the league down the drain, and going forward more bets that other teams will win the league.
Nevermind the payout they have to do for Leicester winning the league, they'll make that back and far more.

The bookies are probably the biggest winners out of this.
Plenty of bets that others would win the league down the drain, and going forward more bets that other teams will win the league.
Nevermind the payout they have to do for Leicester winning the league, they'll make that back and far more.

Praise-God-through-hard-times.jpg

Finally, finally, finally. Godspeed young man

A top half finish will be an improvement on the current charade
No mate. A top half finish will be effective failure, unless by top half you mean top four. No manager will survive two seasons here now with the new regime if they only offer top half. And if they are throwing serious cash it then that's quite right too.

CL football secured by season 2017/18 or they get sacked.

I'm glad to see you underline the point I've been making here today: that success has to be swift or we get rid of managers and move onto the next.

I'm happy with that, we can still retain our values and have ambition with ruthlessness attached if necessary - they're not mutually exclusive.

For too long we've settled for second best - Martinez included.

No mate. A top half finish will be effective failure, unless by top half you mean top four. No manager will survive two seasons here now with the new regime. And if they are throwing serious cash it then that's quite right too.

CL football secured by season 2017/18 or they get sacked.

Good, let's (finally) have proper ambition again and the accountability that goes with it

Everton managers - well the last two - have been amongst the top 20 best paid coaches in the world. They've both failed to win anything.

Have to agree with Dave here, if the new manager is not getting us a minimum of top four then we should get rid and employ someone who can do what he is being paid to do.

A source of my frustration in the past two seasons is the lack of urgency and pressure our team puts on the opposition in matches.

Maybe my memory isn't quite right but in Bobby's first season, I seem to remember us being all about winning the ball quickly and holding onto it?

I'm not sure what happened since then.

I'm happy with that, we can still retain our values and have ambition with ruthlessness attached if necessary - they're not mutually exclusive.

20 odd years now. Opportunity and ambition equally pissed down the drain.
We founded the Premier League with United, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. Look where they've been in comparison to us. It's really a miracle we weren't relegated with the shambles in the backroom. Now things need to change.

Without massive backing financially Martinez got us a total that would earn a CL spot in most seasons. It's gotten away from him in the last two seasons obviously. But in the pre Moshiri era (which is what his reign was in) his ambition was there to achieve success when we had no real right to get it and that first season earned him the right to try another season beyond his second.

No such excuses exist anymore.

Two seasons max without a CL spot or they walk. No ifs or buts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back