Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's already destroyed one club with his mate Randy.

He's not doing it to mine!

He's an irish warrior. I remember last world cup and he quoted the revolutionary Che Guevara after an England defeat and the BBC almost exploded. The Villa owner messed up, he had a really good Villa side challenging us back when. And has got a bunch of crap players to the euros.

He's an irish warrior. I remember last world cup and he quoted the revolutionary Che Guevara after an England defeat and the BBC almost exploded. The Villa owner messed up, he had a really good Villa side challenging us back when. And has got a bunch of crap players to the euros.

I'm not even going to argue this point. The man is a walking disaster.

Who manages Northern Ireland. Rather have him FFS.

Poo'Neil

Obssesion with points totals is frankly bizzare given how much the league fluctuates season by season.

Position is the only thing that matters at the end of the day

I'm not even going to argue this point. The man is a walking disaster.

Massive contributor to setting Villa on the path to ruin.

TOTALS
30 players in, Total £120.8million
29 players out, Total £38.95million
NET SPEND: £81.85million

In four years.

Massive contributor to setting Villa on the path to ruin.

TOTALS
30 players in, Total £120.8million
29 players out, Total £38.95million
NET SPEND: £81.85million

In four years.

That doesn't even begin to cover the wages.

Sends shivers down my spine thinking he could be an Everton manager.

We need someone who is known to be prudent. But who wins pots.

Simple as that.

A cup final winner and getting our best ever points total says different.

Sorry.

Fa cup
-followed by relegation.

Record of positive points that's not actually a record because we have surpassed that many times. But hay I'm generous, let's pretend.
-Followed by an actual negative points record. A real one like, since time began like.

So I'm being super generous but let's just say they cancel each other out. How about we never ever ever bring up them points again ay? I swear if you will?????? (being jesus Christ super generous here)

So with them things out of the way let's talk Martinez shall we?

Mods

Seriously can something be done about @davek and this thread?

It's just getting totally derailed and all about his opinions now; from people calling him on them to totally narcissistic views from the man himself.

This isn't a personal attack on @davek ; he loves Bobby, know one else does. I get that but this thread is getting tedious now and can't discuss the manager without him or others bringing him into it.

Exactly, everyone were discussing rationally until he turns up and completely destroy any form of logical debate with his over age tantrum.

more halewoodblue than halewoodblue himself.

Exactly, everyone were discussing rationally until he turns up and completely destroy any form of logical debate with his over age tantrum.

more halewoodblue than halewoodblue himself.
You mean to say everyone was agreeing with each other until he provided a dissenting voice.
I've seen tantrums on both sides of the argument.
This forum is better off when there are dissenting voices, how boring is it when everyone agrees with each other.

Personally I'd rather take my chances on getting our own bilic, ranieri, benitez, pochettino or koeman instead of for one second believing that Martinez could do anything better for this club

As an Everton fan, i dont want to live in the ifs and buts anymore. I don't want to take relegated managers because they won the cup, or championship managers who look promising. I want a a manager who knows how to manage and can do all aspects of the job competently.

If we still don't finish top 4, sod it. At least we tried to do so, rather than look enviously at all the clubs above us and wish it was us instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back