Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean to say everyone was agreeing with each other until he provided a dissenting voice.
I've seen tantrums on both sides of the argument.
This forum is better off when there are dissenting voices, how boring is it when everyone agrees with each other.

there's a difference between rational debate and ignorant dismissive tantrum.

Different voices with a well thought out argument is different from dismissive ignorant sidestepping tantrum.

I am worried about this as well, we should of been protesting weeks ago, after Arsenal perhaps, we have left it to late ourselves.
Ironically, (or perhaps aptly) it was the home game vs Leicester this season that Martinez totally lost my support. I could see thereafter the writing on the wall.
Interestingly, on the match day, prior to kick off, this forum's most perspicacious (lol) pundit offered this insightfully prescient post:

Big win for us. 3-0.

• They will be taken seriously (half the success they've had is through opposition underestimating them)
  • We've got the sort of mobile defence that will snuff out their threat on the break
  • They're missing two of their five ever-presents - Drinkwater and Huth. Drinkwater, in particular, will be a massive miss as he's the pivot of that side from defence to attack
  • They're really not that good. The defence looks suspect, and with Huth absent it'll only get more flakey.
  • We are VERY tough to beat, as the form guide will tell you.
  • We are in the middle of a run of form that creates lots of chances and sooner or later they'll again (S'land/Villa) end up being taken and burying some team.
We'll win this for sure. The only question is by how much. Leicester are coming down to earth with a massive bump tomorrow

Nice one davek ;)

Last edited:
Mods

Seriously can something be done about @davek and this thread?

It's just getting totally derailed and all about his opinions now; from people calling him on them to totally narcissistic views from the man himself.

This isn't a personal attack on @davek ; he loves Bobby, know one else does. I get that but this thread is getting tedious now and can't discuss the manager without him or others bringing him into it.
hello little girl. you can have your own way by placing anyone on ignore who does not agree with you. go on buddy. be right every time **roundhouses goblin and scampers up alley wall**

It's simple mate, always go to the last page to see if anything interesting seems to have happened, if not, just search for the esk posts as they're the only posts worth looking at on here! Jobs a good un

It's this basically. This thread is unreadable. If I see multiple orange peels in a page, I just click on to the next. If Esk posted more on Twitter I'd swerve this entirely.

So Leicester will be having their title winning party against us on Saturday.Meanwhile Everton under our genius of a manager are hoping to scrape into the top 10 yet again.lol How many players from that Leicester team would get into our side?Goes to show the importance of having a manager that can actually manage as opposed to the fella we have with his bluster and spin.

Like fudge I'm reading 40 odd pages since earlier today.

Can we have a summary thread like we do the post match thread?
Someone must read this whole thing and can just link highlights.
here is how i read it chum
- these martinez guy is doing bad at his job
- nearly everyone wants him out
- davek does not
- the crazy folk do not like davek not agreeing
- those folk post after post get themselves into a rage
- davek does not break the rules of grandoldteam.com
- crazed folk want him banned as they are energized and upset
- davek makes them look foolhardy
- this martinez remains bad at his job
hope this helps buddy.

Ironically, (or perhaps aptly) it was the home game vs Leicester this season that Martinez totally lost my support. I could see thereafter the writing on the wall.
Interestingly, on the match day, prior to kick off, this forum's most perspicacious (lol) pundit offered this insightfully prescient post:

Big win for us. 3-0.

• They will be taken seriously (half the success they've had is through opposition underestimating them)
  • We've got the sort of mobile defence that will snuff out their threat on the break
  • They're missing two of their five ever-presents - Drinkwater and Huth. Drinkwater, in particular, will be a massive miss as he's the pivot of that side from defence to attack
  • They're really not that good. The defence looks suspect, and with Huth absent it'll only get more flakey.
  • We are VERY tough to beat, as the form guide will tell you.
  • We are in the middle of a run of form that creates lots of chances and sooner or later they'll again (S'land/Villa) end up being taken and burying some team.
We'll win this for sure. The only question is by how much. Leicester are coming down to earth with a massive bump tomorrow

Nice one davek ;)

haha Amazing one from the vaults that

Yup, same here, that's when I was finally done with him. It was clear we had the players to take on a team doing excellently but he had no idea what to do with them.

He's an irish warrior. I remember last world cup and he quoted the revolutionary Che Guevara after an England defeat and the BBC almost exploded. The Villa owner messed up, he had a really good Villa side challenging us back when. And has got a bunch of crap players to the euros.
Seriously hoping you're winding Damo up!...cos I'd rather shave off a tramps pubes & wear them as a moustache!...than have that gibbering tool anywhere near our club!

here is how i read it chum
- these martinez guy is doing bad at his job
- nearly everyone wants him out
- davek does not
- the crazy folk do not like davek not agreeing
- those folk post after post get themselves into a rage
- davek does not break the rules of grandoldteam.com
- crazed folk want him banned as they are energized and upset
- davek makes them look foolhardy
- this martinez remains bad at his job
hope this helps buddy.
Works for me Mr Snider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back