Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the worst home record in a history of 138 years... How is that acceptable to Everton Football Club? Everton aren't we?!

The sangria stain needs to be removed from our history so that we can move on, rapido!

It's a good job in the real world where what happened 3 years ago is irelivant it isn't considered to be acceptable

He out performed 16 other premier league teams. Something no other Everton manager in the premier league has done. Low points tally? It means everyone was beating everyone and is an indication of a decent league. The top 6 all finishing with huge points totals just shows that there's a load of dross in the league that every decent side is repeatedly caning.

For the record all those 'weak leagues' that Moyes supposedly operated in had Chelsea under Mourinho, the invincibles Wenger side, United under Ferguson, and then Liverpool under Rafael probably their strongest prem side. How is this a weak league? Not to mention very decent Villa Newcastle Spurs and Leeds sides. In Moyes' period English teams were dominant in Europe as well.

Now you have a far more fluid top order (as seen by Leicester and Spurs cracking it). United are a shadow of themselves repeatedly without champions league, ditto Liverpool, Arsenal are nowhere near their 03-07 team, Chelsea have been awful this season, Coty are a good side but also arguably on the decline. Traditional prem heavyweights like Villa Newcastle and Leeds are nowhere to be seen with most of the sides under West Ham being very average.

How is this league therefore harder? Prem teams have also been woeful in Europe. Whereas once Ronaldo Bale Tevez Rooney Drogba Henry graced the prem, now the only world class player is Aguero. A declining Torres is starting for a side that is in the CL semi final and comfortably better than any team in this country yet in his absolute world beating prime he played for a team who came 4th most seasons.

The league is relatively very weak on quality at the moment. To have a fair amount of that quality in our squad yet not even make the top ten consecutively is an absolute disgrace.

Some people can't accept it, though. The media have been brainwashing them for so long that they can't get the "plucky little Everton" mentality out of their DNA.

We have the worst home record in a history of 138 years... How is that acceptable to Everton Football Club? Everton aren't we?!

The sangria stain needs to be removed from our history so that we can move on, rapido!

Cut out the insults mate.

You really shouldn't underestimate the power of social media and that is a voice that can be raised and heard from anywhere on this planet.

Those same laptop users you look down your nose at may well be the very ones that funded the plane flying over head, which whether it is your bag or not, also garnered a significant amount of coverage for the same cause.

In my opinion.

For what its worth etc.

billytoffee, Everton supporter since birth nearly 50 years ago, at Goodison every game from the age of 10 through to leaving Liverpool at 16 to find my own way in life and now restricted to a couple of trips to Goodison a year - but absolutely no less passionate or committed about Everton FC than the next man, even though mainly sat at the end of a broadband or 4G connection sharing the same ups and downs as my supposed "fellow Evertonian" !
Completely agree mate. Anyone who is in the position to follow Everton up and down the country should consider himself very lucky. I'd love to be able to do the same. Sadly I both don't have the finances nor the time to do that. Been an Evertonian for over thirty years now and spent an awful lot of money on following the Blues as much as I can financially afford. For instance spent about £1300 to see Everton play Chelsea in the 2009 FA Cup Final. Every trip to the UK costs me somewhere between £300-£400. Doesn't help I chose a club that comes from Liverpool instead of conveniently being located in London. Luckily about 99,9% of Evertonians I meet do appreciate the effort I and many other European based Evertonians put in to see their beloved club play in the flesh. As for the other 0,1%, well they are entitled to their opinion. Not that I care too much about it.

MARTINEZ: "But I know we are going to get there.

I know that because I have been here three seasons and there is an incredible amount of understanding and know-how of what we need to do. Is this a massive transfer window coming up? It is. Massive. Probably as big as the summer window in 2013. We have to be stronger at the end of it.

There have been changes internally, with the new shareholder Farhad Moshiri. That is going to bring a huge amount of possibilities. We are hurting. We gave our all in the FA Cup semi-final and didn't get what we deserved but the support was incredible. It has given us the perfect stimulant to go on and achieve next season."

I'm seriously worried that he may be here a little longer after all.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hink-ve-got-win-losing-job.html#ixzz47cZqv0pp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know that because I have been here three seasons and there is an incredible amount of understanding and know-how of what we need to do. Is this a massive transfer window coming up? It is. Massive. Probably as big as the summer window in 2013. We have to be stronger at the end of it.

There have been changes internally, with the new shareholder Farhad Moshiri. That is going to bring a huge amount of possibilities. We are hurting. We gave our all in the FA Cup semi-final and didn't get what we deserved but the support was incredible. It has given us the perfect stimulant to go on and achieve next season."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hink-ve-got-win-losing-job.html#ixzz47cZqv0pp
I'm worried too, and if he is given another season it will be the same boring football, same mistakes, but with different players.

Same old blah blah blah for me.

Completely agree mate. Anyone who is in the position to follow Everton up and down the country should consider himself very lucky. I'd love to be able to do the same. Sadly I both don't have the finances nor the time to do that. Been an Evertonian for over thirty years now and spend an awful lot of money on following the Blues as much as I can financially afford. For instance spend about £1300 to see Everton play Chelsea in the 2009 FA Cup Final. Every trip to the UK costs me somewhere between £300-£400. Doesn't help I chose a club that comes from Liverpool instead of conveniently being located in London. Luckily about 99,9% of Evertonians I meet do appreciate the effort I and many other European based Evertonians put in to see their beloved club play in the flesh. As for the other 0,1%, well they are entitled to their opinion. Not that I care too much about it.

Well done to you mate - an outstanding effort, and one that I understand only too well, having lived over on your side of the water for a significant number of the years that I've been away from Liverpool. It just seems odd that we are having to go to some lengths to explain, defend or in some way justify our support to some. Hopefully it is just a temporary type blip and down to the rather shabby season we have had, and the fact that the tension with the current uncertainty across the club and the fan base is palpable wherever you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back