Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do worry if any replacement isn't quite on the pace next season that people will again be demanding a managerial change.

If the manager is 12 points off top at Christmas would this be acceptable?

Whilst there is always points to learn from history, we should not get fixed by looking back all the time.

It is possibly that aspect that is generating far too many "false comparisons" and fundamentally flawing some of the points being debated on here (by those willing to debate them that is).

I understand the point you are making here but whether others see it or not we are a Marquee club. In the same way Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, Bentley etc. Twenty years of failure cannot take that away. Primarily because it took over 80 years to build that name. We simply can't know were we are heading unless we know where we've come from.

In 70 years, we've had 7 trophy winning seasons.

Which leads to this, sadly that's true. But out of the 92 clubs there are 88 who would aspire to top that record. We are still ahead of City and Chelsea who combined don't match it, Spurs when was the last time they won it? 61.

I'm all for critical self analysis but let's not forget who we are here. The direction of the club simply has to follow our historical place in English football. That's why it is relevant, all the time. If it continues to decline, instead of talking about West Ham or Southampton, in the future we will be compared to Preston, Burnley or Bolton.

The horrible season and the "Martinez debate" has literally taken a toll on forum membership. It sucks.

I think it's had its toll across all elements of the fanbase and fan based activity - both real and virtual.

I think that sort of supports the overall argument that something needs to be done about it and the sooner the better.

Just be grateful that the gatherings on here are conducted through cyberspace - imagine if we were all in a boozer somewhere it would be absolute carnage - especially after a couple of Babychams !

image.webp

I do worry if any replacement isn't quite on the pace next season that people will again be demanding a managerial change.

If the manager is 12 points off top at Christmas would this be acceptable?
I am of opinion that Martinez will leave a team in steep decline. It will take time to get EFC back challenging for top 4. So, yes, I am prepared to give the new appointee a bit of time to repair the damage that Martinez has wrought.
3 years seems a reasonable period of assessment (imo).

I think it's had its toll across all elements of the fanbase and fan based activity - both real and virtual.

I think that sort of supports the overall argument that something needs to be done about it and the sooner the better.

Just be grateful that the gatherings on here are conducted through cyberspace - imagine if we were all in a boozer somewhere it would be absolute carnage - especially after a couple of Babychams !

Davek will be gollum clutching a picture of martinez chanting precious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back