Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Davek will be gollum clutching a picture of martinez chanting precious

Plenty on here have vouched for Dave being a 'top blue' and I'll assume they know the guy better than I as his actions on here often suggest otherwise, but it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest if his position on here; winding everyone up clearly and mercilessly, was vastly different to his opinion of Martinez in real life. He does what he does on here for the craic, that much is obvious.

I understand the point you are making here but whether others see it or not we are a Marquee club. In the same way Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, Bentley etc. Twenty years of failure cannot take that away. Primarily because it took over 80 years to build that name. We simply can't know were we are heading unless we know where we've come from.

Absolutely mate - we are a Marquee club, we are one of the few that started all this, we are one of the founding fathers of this game in our country and in our time we have been at the leading edge of innovation and standards across many different aspects of it - if you know your history its enough to etc.............

But when looking back - we can look at the great times and bask in the glory (and hopefully yearn for more!)

but we must look to the mistakes and learn by them!

We should in no way be picking examples of where we have failed, got it wrong, not delivered, or been stuck in periods of enforced mediocrity as a means of justifying why those not delivering now should be supported - that is just madness.

It would be like looking back in history and saying that because Hitler ran riot through Europe and killed 60 Million people that we should not get concerned if someone else did that - because its been that bad before (bit over dramatic and never did history in school so facts may be off - but you get what I mean)

History is important to learn from - not to repeat the mistakes - or to justify supporting someone about to make them again.

Can't believe that was 13 years ago! Massive opportunity missed there but onwards and upwards
Agreed mate!
I think it would have raised the profile of the club massively. Every single waterfront picture of Liverpool would have had our stadium on it. People would have sat up and taken notice. It'd have killed the reds that as they seem to think they are the heartbeat of the city.

Not really mate he's quite the affable chap.
tumblr_m4tsramCAy1qzyang.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back