Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heard some rumors about Klinsmann being interested over here but it's total bs.

Just so desperate for Martinez to go, he cannot be trusted spending more money and in any case simply doesn't deserve any more time.

I guess seeing as there are just three games left and no manager lined up it makes sense to keep him until end of season and part ways then... just hope nothing happens that ends up with him staying in charge!

Praying for the esk to be right.

Klinsmann himself has denied it. And if Everton appointed him I would seriously consider giving up on English footie entirely.

There are managers ruining my national team and my club right now. It's not fun.

Eh. Neither get you anything really. Moyes was better than Martinez, but let's not pretend the fall from grace was as bad as Ferguson -> Moyes was for Utd.

We finished 6th-8th a lot in the end under Moyes. Better? Sure. Good? Nah. If we finish 15th, I think there is a point that the drop has been precipitous, but the truth is we were never doing well enough - Moyes just kept it close enough to decent to keep people happy and Martinez fell off the razor's edge. And we got a billionaire, and the football is a bit poo, and Leicester just won the league (ffs) waking us all up to the fact that we've not been good enough for yonks. Martinez isn't good enough. He also happens to be the manager at the time we realized that midtable just isn't good enough.

with Moyes we were consistently in Europe or at least in the hunt. finishing 10th every year with RM isn't going to get us relegated, but it sure makes the last third of the season dull. There is usually a pretty decent point gap somewhere between 7/8th or 8/9th, kinda like this year where the best we can hope is 10th because the gap to 9th is 7 points, while the spread between 9th and 5th this year is only 5. Moyes might never have won a pot, but he brought 11 years of mostly good football and had us finish within sight of Europe all but three years. So while the decline in average places doesn't look huge, the gulf between those teams genuinely chasing euro spots and the inglorious competence of mid-table teams is massive. Martinez has us in exactly that place, we're never again going to challenge for Europe while he is boss which has turned his tenure from frustrating, to infuriating, to absolute boredom. I don't care to watch another RM managed match, and even the worst days of DM never inspired that kind of apathy.

I think we (as fans) have to be careful in making rash statements in saying things like "if so and so becomes our manager, thats it Im not going again"

I see the 3 stooges Stuart, Sharp and Ratcliffe have been out in support of Roberto. Kenwright still pulling the strings here lads....

Nothing more to see....

Viva Roberto

with Moyes we were consistently in Europe or at least in the hunt. finishing 10th every year with RM isn't going to get us relegated, but it sure makes the last third of the season dull. There is usually a pretty decent point gap somewhere between 7/8th or 8/9th, kinda like this year where the best we can hope is 10th because the gap to 9th is 7 points, while the spread between 9th and 5th this year is only 5. Moyes might never have won a pot, but he brought 11 years of mostly good football and had us finish within sight of Europe all but three years. So while the decline in average places doesn't look huge, the gulf between those teams genuinely chasing euro spots and the inglorious competence of mid-table teams is massive. Martinez has us in exactly that place, we're never again going to challenge for Europe while he is boss which has turned his tenure from frustrating, to infuriating, to absolute boredom. I don't care to watch another RM managed match, and even the worst days of DM never inspired that kind of apathy.
In the hunt for Europe is not good enough for Everton. David Moyes was a better manager. I agree with this. However, he was not good enough, and we shouldn't act like it was all roses before Martinez showed up.

We haven't been performing acceptably to our level since the 80's. Hopefully that will change soon.

It hitted me again...the fact that this man led us to Wembley when we had the best chance for silverware in a long time.

Oh, Everton

Remember last year when we stunk it up in the league? And it was excused because the focus was on Europa so we might get into the Champions League? And then we didn't come close to winning it? And then this year the RS have a worse squad but a proper manager and they're doing the exact thing Bobby tried and failed to do last year?

I suppose we have to give the RS a small bit of credit for so clearly demonstrating what a travesty Martinez is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back