Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on nothing other than my gut, my reading of all the information present and the word of a few people around here I trust, yes.
Well thanks mate and I wil pray on i .Many fans dont realize that we are just one step from Newcastle or Sunderland . What bothers me the most is how he going on wizh hes sjit delevop and going flip flop all the time . I remember him saying after Besic really 3 great games that he will have big role in wats left of the season and hen he put him so ufit against Arsenal and not play him then put him on FB . Is it any wonder players can t connect and they going down on form . Wigan players also , i just dont get it , If Lukaku did not have one of zhe best seasons we will be in dog fight. Jes talking also about Nisse and I did not write off player , but he give him 2 min 5 min 7 min , we are losing to rags and in 91 MIN WITCH AT THAT POINT IS NOTHING DO WASTE OF TIME .That is just some of top of my head crazy stuff ges doing , Kone on winger ect

YOuth in the academy is neither here nor there. they aren't in the team so for all we know they might only be as good as that level.

But yeah, only 2 young players are in the team and to say stones has regressed because chelsea tried to sign him is just silly. He has had a full 9 month season and actually looks worse than he did last season. It is clearly not his ability, so why is he doing cruyff turns and risky back passes and whatever else all season long? the manager.

Barkley has not had an impact on a game properly since newcastle, he looks tired and fed up when he plays, yet again 2 years ago he didn't?

away from them two, there is not a single youth player you can point at having a positive impact because of martinez, i'm sorry but giving one youngster a chance for 10 minutes or one half once is not positive, that is a manager trying to envoke a bit of life into a team that has given up on him.

Oh and coaching them irelevant? how so? Because otherwise you are saying all teengers are capable and know how to play football at the highest level? They need coaching to improve and our young players do not have that. They get no direction, no focus, no real barometer of success or failure, they just play the next week and do it all over again.

Lukaku and Ged are young players. Do they not count?

Sorry I'm struggling here as I dont think you are grasping what I am saying....

In terms of the topic here which was Martinez has not left anything for the future then yes the coaching is irrelevant as the whole point as that someone else is going to come in and coach them. What he has done, that is undeniable, is that if he was to leave tomorrow he would leave behind some very promising young players and some prized assets that have appreciated in value. I dont see how that is debatable.

In terms of the topic here which was Martinez has not left anything for the future then yes the coaching is irrelevant as the whole point as that someone else is going to come in and coach them. What he has done, that is undeniable, is that if he was to leave tomorrow he would leave behind some very promising young players and some prized assets that have appreciated in value. I dont see how that is debatable.
Stones was here already, as was Ross. Luakaku was bought for a hell of a lot of money for a club like ours and Del still has not performed over a season in like 3 attempts so far.

Granted yes he did buy them/play them but you could argue any manager coming in would have done that ala rooney making the team. Away from them, who genuinely can make a name for himself in the future? Galloway was a decent back up fullback, but he isnt a full back. Holgate, no idea, Foulds even further behind. Henen still not considered anywhere near team, rodriguez is either first team or crap next season, tarashaj we will see how he fares, and away from that it is down to unsworth not martinez as to the development of the young players.

,,,it's not mate, in the same sense that DAVID MOYES left behing a perfectly capable, well-drilled defence.

Wonder where they went?

Well of course I cant be sure, nobody can. I can only deal in the facts and the facts are that Martinez has improved Stones value by having the faith in him to put him in the team.

There are deffo managers out there who would not have put him in so young and when he has some obvious issues with his game.
He played due to injuries didn't he?
He gave Stones his debut, how has he regressed since his debut?

"Lakaku - Came here because Mirallas talked him into coming here in the first place"

If you reckon Martinez had no say / sway in signing Lukaku I'll have to leave you to it.

He has to go, but try not to be blinded by frustration and hate. Its a dark path
Mirallas convinced Lukaku to come but that was only the initial loan. I'm not sure how much truth is in that was wanted Ba, and got offered Lukaku though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back