Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some words exchanged between Blues but nothing out of the ordinary that I saw.

There were, literally 100's of Leicester fans in our end and I have to say, the overwhelming majority of them were sound, but one or two thought it was OK to not just wear colours in their opponents end, but wave a flag and celebrate when they scored their second, and then got arsy when they were piped down.

Shame really, because their were loads of Leicester fans, many in colours, who were being sensible and kept fairly quiet till near the end.
Ta mate.
Backs up what I've heard too..

Very odd day all round I guess.

There were some words exchanged between Blues but nothing out of the ordinary that I saw.

There were, literally 100's of Leicester fans in our end and I have to say, the overwhelming majority of them were sound, but one or two thought it was OK to not just wear colours in their opponents end, but wave a flag and celebrate when they scored their second, and then got arsy when they were piped down.

Shame really, because their were loads of Leicester fans, many in colours, who were being sensible and kept fairly quiet till near the end.

If you had any pride you would have ploughed into the utter trumpets.

We are an embarrassment, the fact we see our manager use words like phenomenal and incredible to describe our performances when even someone with limited knowledge about football knows he talking sh1te is an insult to all us.. Stubborn does not describe this man and as for tactics.. Just do not understand how he's still here, we are getting worse every game. I can't see us winning more than 6 games next year with this man

Ta mate.
Backs up what I've heard too..

Very odd day all round I guess.

What woolly said is exactly how it was.

Blues weren't arsed, we know we're we are with this fella, we're just seeing his last week or 2 out and then assume he's gone but there were a few idiot Leicester fans antagonising the situation and deservedly, they were lashed out with a few getting a slap on the way.

The majority of them in our end were great, just a few clowns, with mouthy women, who got what they deserved.

Did you see much today mate ?
I've had different reports.. Blues arguing with blues again mainly ?

Not at all.

Our away end was full of Leicester fans. The stewarding & policing was non-existent, they turned a blind eye to hundreds of Leicester fans in kit just showing up in our end. Some were plain clothes & were sound, having paid silly money to get in. Others began taunting EFC fans & started numerous brawls in the stands and in the concourse. Loads of Leicester fans got chucked out. Segregation was non-existent. Most unsafe I've ever felt at a match, people standing in gangways, blocking exits. Chaos everywhere, getting mobbed coming off the coach by Leicester fans trying to buy tickets. Police turning a total blind eye to blatant touting. Never seen anything like it. Like something out of the 1980s.

Not at all.

Our away end was full of Leicester fans. The stewarding & policing was non-existent, they turned a blind eye to hundreds of Leicester fans in kit just showing up in our end. Some were plain clothes & were sound, having paid silly money to get in. Others began taunting EFC fans & started numerous brawls in the stands and in the concourse. Loads of Leicester fans got chucked out. Segregation was non-existent. Most unsafe I've ever felt at a match, people standing in gangways, blocking exits. Chaos everywhere, getting mobbed coming off the coach by Leicester fans trying to buy tickets. Police turning a total blind eye to blatant touting. Never seen anything like it.

Considering how much was known beforehand about tickets in our end being sold to their fans the policing and steward presence was shockingly poor.

The obvious thing to do fairly early on, was to get the Leicester fans to move next to their own and so have some degree of segregation.

I can't say I ever felt unsafe at any time, but it could have been handled much better than it was.

The worst bit was getting out if you'd hung around, when the exit gates had been closed and they had to let us out singly through a turnstile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back