Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Im all in for RDB and Jose, nothing else is acceptable for me.

Pellegrini, Koeman or Low would stink the place out.
With Low he's done well with Germany, that World Cup was boss. He may want to prove himself at club level so I'll be happy with him, as long as he brought some decent Germans with him

What I'm trying to tell you is (i) we are seeking a replacement manager and (ii) there are at least two highly desirable candidates interested in filling the vacancy.

I'm telling you as much as I can

Fairly certain they're De Boer and Pellegrini.

Low would be a big risk.
International football is very different from club football .
A manager with his profile would be hugely expensive to sign and even more expensive and difficult to sack.
We would certainly be paying for the damage to his reputation.
This time I think we have to go for a manager that nearly guarantees success.

I'm not doubting anything or anyone but if Martinez offered his resignation against Watford (which was before three draws and three absolute shocking losses), then why is he still here? I get that people say he is off at end of the season but I don't get why he would really want to put up with all this vitriol considering he offered to go 1 month ago. It's just amounting to a lot of unnecessary hatred that is being directed at the board, Roberto, the players and between fans.
I guess it depends on how much of a fraud and a mercenary you take him for pal. Personally I believe he's a shameless fraud who's capable of doing whatever he thinks is needed to keep himself in the job for as long as possible and receive the biggest possible pay off. I think our owners were hoping he'd show some self respect and walk but at the same time hoping to avoid the biggest possible pay off (so small time). At this stage we're looking at an ugly stalemate for the Norwich game that will be unpleasant for everyone concerned and leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back