Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just about the only thing Martinez got right - Maybe if he hadn't stuck the place out (Like he has for the past 3 months) he wouldn't get subbed

Before anyone says it: I know he's only 22, but he's a millionaire footballer - Maybe he should sack it off and become a postman or a window cleaner

Rubbish! Martinez plays Niasse alongside Lukaku, thereby relegating Barkley to a deeper midfield role (i.e. half-way line and back into our own half). Completely the wrong position for him. Also plays a left midfielder at right back, a central midfielder at left midfield, and leaves one of more passionate midfielders (Besic) on the bench the whole time. Pennington wasn't the only one playing with passion. He grafted hard, that's all, and should have got a second yellow (if not a straight red) for the penalty he conceded. I think the ref didn't want a sending off in this match. It's no wonder Barkley was pissed off with being substituted - he at least did show some attempt to get the team going forward, and most times was fouled when he went past opponents. The guy is passionate about the club, but no doubt dismayed about the way things are going. And so he should be...!

he's gone folks, will get til end of may then we will part ways.

would like bielsa meself but doubt we'll get him, probably more like eddie howe in my honest opinion altho that i have no clue about.

I suppose this is not something to be happy about.I wanted Martinez to be a success but those of us who had him well sussed out at christmas were subjected to all sorts of intimidation.We were called self entitled plotters and geordies.Funnily enough those same people have gone into hiding as our season has crumbled into ruins.I think it's fair to say that the plotters were proven right in the end.Those of you who were banding out terms like plotters.Get out of hiding and admit you backed the wrong horse.;)

I suppose this is not something to be happy about.I wanted Martinez to be a success but those of us who had him well sussed out at christmas were subjected to all sorts of intimidation.We were called self entitled plotters and geordies.Funnily enough those same people have gone into hiding as our season has crumbled into ruins.I think it's fair to say that the plotters were proven right in the end.Those of you who were banding out terms like plotters.Get out of hiding and admit you backed the wrong horse.;)

But the people who wanted him out at Christmas were nothing but Geordie mutants.

If I had been RM after Anfield and Wembley, I would have gone big time for youth.

If it had worked out then I might just have given more time and at the very least I would have been
praised for trying. But to flog the dead horse that is this team seems absurd. What did he expect? Lukaku to start
trying? Stones likewise? Barkley to start scoring?

Connolly came on agaist Soton and played well and disappeared? No Dowell, when he has been a star in the reserves?
That young blond lad came on against Soton, did ok and disappeared. What about that lad at centre-half who was thought to be a new Stones?

3-1 down and he brings on Ossie!!. Sad, misguided, indifferent. He is already thinking about how to invest his yaer's pay-off. There can be no other explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back