Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He deserves a lap of honour, this is Everton. We have class and dignity.

Give him a good sendoff.

If the club actually came out and said something along the lines of "We're parting ways on Monday. It hasn't worked but we wish Berto and his staff the best. Norwich will be his last game as manager." I'm 100% he'd get that class and dignity. But because none of us know what the board will do, or trust them to bin him, we'll get protests if he's still here on Sunday, and I'll join them.

If the club actually came out and said something along the lines of "We're parting ways on Monday. It hasn't worked but we wish Berto and his staff the best. Norwich will be his last game as manager." I'm 100% he'd get that class and dignity. But because none of us know what the board will do, or trust them to bin him, we'll get protests if he's still here on Sunday, and I'll join them.

Exactly - that's why the need to act now, or at the very least clarify the situation.

In that Telegraph story it mentions a spat with Barkley in the tunnel. I went for a run instead of watching the game, deleted it and not watched any highlights, anyone shed any light on that?

The performance on Saturday may prompt some movement this week.
The Wednesday game against Sunderland is meaningless for us , but a repeat of the humiliation against Leicester would be bad for club morale.
Then there is the awards night on Thursday. How will that work ? , what will the managers role at these awards be ? , the biggest topic of the night will probably be when his departure will be announced.
There is a possibility that RM may announce that himself on the night, there must be some reason that a veil of silence has been drawn over by the club.
Finally , a last home game and a lap of honour without clarity about the managers situation could lead to a very nasty atmosphere.

Reality is Martinez has burnt too many bridges with the playing staff and to stay on beyond this season .

A cynic would suggest he has done this deliberately to salvage what's left of his reputation.

He stormed down the tunnel in a mood after being subbed off. Completely blanked Martinez

Was just about the only thing Martinez got right - Maybe if he hadn't stuck the place out (Like he has for the past 3 months) he wouldn't get subbed

Before anyone says it: I know he's only 22, but he's a millionaire footballer - Maybe he should sack it off and become a postman or a window cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back