Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has ceased to be a 'discussion' and is now simply people trying to be funny, mostly without success.
Things are pretty bleak for us blues right now so wheres the harm in a bit of light humour while were all waiting around for bob to get the bullet.

Just seen @The Esk 's post about Koeman. Thanks for the info chap. Have to say I really hope not - not really the world class replacement we were hoping for I think - all a bit disappointing actually.

Still, we will be rid of Martinez and hopefully we can progress a bit. Shame we couldn't have got a Pellegrini level manager though.

Will be in full support when he gets the gig at least

I'd be very happy with Koeman tbh. He's, obviously, proven in the PL and is doing very well with Saints who look on course for a 6th-place, possibly even a 5th-place finish as well as a Europa spot. If the season began in 2016, they'd be 2nd which is very very impressive considering the on-paper quality of the squad. He'd bring a long-needed winning mentality with him (He's played at the highest level and has scored in a CL final) and his record in the transfer market is very good.

I don't get the negativity around Koeman - was the expectation of "World Class" a list of one manager (Mourinho)? He's got Prem experience, got Southampton playing nice football with arguably a much weaker squad than ours. Don't get me wrong, I'd be beside myself if we got Jose but was it ever a realistic chance? Still got my fingers crossed but I'd be more than happy with Koeman.

lets face it;

If Mourinho HAS got the Old Trafford job, then it's all signed and sealed now...but won't can't be announced until the Tuesday after the Final or later.

If Martinez IS getting the sack, we have to face the fact that even if we DO think it should be announced sooner rather than later, if we haven't heard by the Tuesday or so after the Norwich game, the next cut off date will be 31st May, after then it may not even happen.

As always with Everton - More questions than answers

If Martinez IS getting the sack, we have to face the fact that even if we DO think it should be announced sooner rather than later, if we haven't heard by the Tuesday or so after the Norwich game, the next cut off date will be 31st May, after then it may not even happen.

Norwich will be such an interesting game...

Just seen @The Esk 's post about Koeman. Thanks for the info chap. Have to say I really hope not - not really the world class replacement we were hoping for I think - all a bit disappointing actually.

Still, we will be rid of Martinez and hopefully we can progress a bit. Shame we couldn't have got a Pellegrini level manager though.

Will be in full support when he gets the gig at least
Where cant find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back