Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you several times this board - Bill chiefly - have hung him out to dry. Most probably because they want him to resign and save a few quid

Everton that. Disgusting

Roberto has failed. He hasn't run a child over or done something evil.

The players let him down for a reason. The manager carries the can for that. And the board carry the can when the manager fails. That's called Authority. Sort it out Everton.

Or do we have to suffer two more humiliations on the pitch before this is completely played out?
Completely agree.

So he is still with us! This is going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Big question marks over the board for the lack of communication on this. Are they really wishing to dispense with the services of RM? Is their an alternative to just see out the protests and keep him on?

The prospect of a new and competent manager seems to riding into the sunset!

Shortest press conference i've ever seen he's definitely gone, hopefully kenwright and the contract nonce follows him
out the door as well.

Could you stop referring to a man who basically does an admin job as a paedophile?

Thanks.

Ok i will but it was obviously a joke so don't cry about it. You probably don't know him personally and i do. He takes no offense to it and actually finds it funny.

I'll stop it now but i know the man personally and he wouldn't take offence to it.

You know him personally and yet abuse him and hope he gets sacked?!?

It doesn't make sense for us not to sack him, or put him on gardening leave. The money lost from lower league position massively outweighs any savings regarding managerial compensation.

I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe you when, on numerous occasions you have stated that his departure was imminent - where reality is pointing toward alternative solutions.

Pipe down Welshie

I don't know what else the poor fella can say. He's weofully out of his depth it's painfully obvious he is yet the board are hanging him out to dry time and time again. They've said nothing and threw him to the wolves whilst they have kept absolutely silent on it.

I'm disgusted in them. Martinez isn't a bad man, he's tried his best to do a good job of that I'm absolutely certain. He's not just gone through the motions like certain players have. He looks ill, his face looks haunted. He's not a terrorist or child molestor he's just a football manager who has tried his very best but it's not been good enough. It's up to his peers to sort that out and stop him being humiliated and paraded in front of the press week in week out like for people to gawp at and scrutinise. They could of made a statement that he was leaving at the end of the season and saved all the speculation, angst, anger and vitriol spewed in his direction.

Shame on you Everton, absolutely gutless and lacking in any class or common decency.

Looks drained and like he hasnt got the energy to answer questions, hes lost his swagga, and is in a difficult moment.

I do love how he thiks teams can just change intensity from match to match, the likes of Spurs and Leicester have worked hard all pre season to be able to play at high intensity unlike us.

I'll stop it now but i know the man personally and he wouldn't take offence to it.

In your previous post you said he doesn't take offence to it. Now you say he wouldn't take offence to it . Which is correct ? I don't believe for a second that you know the person in question.

I'll be quite pleased for Martinez when he gets the boot, he looks like he could do with a break for a season and just float about doing some work as a pundit, which I think he's pretty good at.

He seems the sort to dive straight back into management though so it'll be interesting to see what his next move is, and whilst he completely infuriates me nowadays I hope he goes on to be successful somewhere.

What puzzles me is, it's been mentioned that the players are no longer playing for Martinez, and with Martinez obviously going at the end of the season, and you would think the players knew this, then why aren't the players upping their game, and going out and putting performances in for themselves, and the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back