Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

He might come good if he is given loads of cash. 72 points trophy and semi finals trophies. He bought Lukaku and Del.

Hi mate

We didn't receive trophies for getting 72 points or reaching the semi finals.

I think you may be confused on this point, generated by your irrational hatred of all things Everton beyond monetary gain from GrandOldTeam

Let's not fall out over it though as it's all just a forum and opinions.

Also, the manager masterminded a victory over Chelsea and its so called mega stars.

What a manager indeed.

It was a really woeful game - Chelsea have been cack for most of the season. It was Lukaku's individual brilliance that decided that tie. What element of the game are you giving him such credit for, as to label him a 'mastermind'?

My opinion is that he believes that if he makes enough strange/bold decisions which go against the grain, the odd one will pay off and make him look like a maverick.

Cynical, I know - but he's a man under pressure. Don't doubt he wants to take us to 'the heights' - despite him consistently demonstrating that he is not the right man to do this - but his stubbornness & tactical inflexibility just smack of someone who has a bit of an ego... I mean 'purist footballing philosophy' to uphold, which gets in the way.

Really wanted him to succeed and will remember some times fondly - but I've given my head a wobble and decided that I love Everton more than one man's fantastical bullshine.

This is a high risk, low reward play to take over the role of young David Kay Friend.

Seems a poor decision
Agreed but the more general point remains, RM has failed to build on season 1.
Have there still been good moments though? Absolutely.

Hi mate

We didn't receive trophies for getting 72 points or reaching the semi finals.

I think you may be confused on this point, generated by your irrational hatred of all things Everton beyond monetary gain from GrandOldTeam

Let's not fall out over it though as it's all just a forum and opinions.

One suggestion. Could you please stop starting a fight with me about 7 times in a day.

There is a button down there. Put me on ignore.

It was a really woeful game - Chelsea have been cack for most of the season. It was Lukaku's individual brilliance that decided that tie. What element of the game are you giving him such credit for, as to label him a 'mastermind'?

My opinion is that he believes that if he makes enough strange/bold decisions which go against the grain, the odd one will pay off and make him look like a maverick.

Cynical, I know - but he's a man under pressure. Don't doubt he wants to take us to 'the heights' - despite him consistently demonstrating that he is not the right man to do this - but his stubbornness & tactical inflexibility just smack of someone who has a bit of an ego... I mean 'purist footballing philosophy' to uphold, which gets in the way.

Really wanted him to succeed and will remember some times fondly - but I've given my head a wobble and decided that I love Everton more than one man's fantastical bullshine.
Whilst I certainly get the point, I think its unfair.
In one off cup games he's a proven manager. He won the FA Cup with Wigan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back