Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that Gil from the Simpsons that's utterly useless but you feel terribly sorry for him? That's how I feel about Martinez right now. Our board should be utterly ashamed of themselves for letting things go this far, the least they could do is announce he'll be leaving so we can say goodbye properly, that first season was ace after all.

I really hope he goes on to do well, maybe in La liga with a good defensive coach next to him. He's proper ruined this season for all of us, I've been disinterested in this league for absolutely ages now, just let him leave with some bloody dignity.

Whilst I certainly get the point, I think its unfair.
In one off cup games he's a proven manager. He won the FA Cup with Wigan!

He won the cup once - that was the 'one-off', thus far.

The semi-final is close-ish - but we were still 2 games away, effectively, in both cases. That isn't being pipped to it.

Our league form has been relegation-worthy over the past few months - would you like to give him more of a chance to get closer in the cups? Steve McClaren won the league cup, should we hire him?

Agreed but then again mike walker gave me my best ever feeling supporting EFC
What did the "Silver Fox" do to you?;)lol

Attachments

• williams.webp
    williams.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 111
And Everton he struggled to even win a corner.
Whilst I understand you don't like Martinez and you don't particularly like me as a poster, why are you arsed that I rate Martinez?
Totally appreciate I'm in the minority (even backed up by the poll).
I'm probably rounding on you in poor form, but I just don't understand why anyone's bothered that I'm an obvious lunatic and, in your words, am waiting for magic beans.

Whilst I understand you don't like Martinez and you don't particularly like me as a poster, why are you arsed that I rate Martinez?
I'm probably rounding on you in poor form, but I just don't understand why anyone's bothered that I'm an obvious lunatic and, in your words, am waiting for magic beans.
You may sincerely rate him but the way this forum works I'm guessing people think you're wuming

You make a fine point, back on ignore you go.

Whilst I certainly get the point, I think its unfair.
In one off cup games he's a proven manager. He won the FA Cup with Wigan!

I don't agree with this 'good cup manager' business at all, basically a good cup manager can win 4 games in about 7 months (to get to a semi final):

I don't have anyone on ignore mate as I enjoy the entire spectrum of opinions on this excellent website.

Come on, let's not argue. The point I made was a fair one.

Be honest. How many times you quote or name calling me tonight 5/6 times in 45 mins is it? You fully understand your motive.

As to the topic in question, 72 points and semi finals are used as a shield to cover up the shortcoming of Martinez. Some posters keep banging on the league points record and getting into the domestic cups semi finals as an excuse for Martinez to do badly in the league.

Come on, put me on ignore. I don't want to get into some argument with you and get a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back