Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only want whats best for Everton.

Thats at least a 5-0 defeat with Defoe scoring all 5.

No. Just no. This is absolutely disgraceful. Everton don't lose games 5-0. Everton lose games 3-2 after being up 2-0 with 15 minutes to go.

And just to spite them even more- Stones should throw it into our net in stoppage time while saying "F the Geordies."

Doubtless, the next manager has a bit of work ahead of him to undo the 'Martinez Effect'.

And whilst Bobby stands most culpable toward the disastrous climate now persisting around EFC, the players' and Board's role in the whole cluster****, I hold not insignificant. It's been an unholy trinity contributing to the perfect storm.

As I said, the new fella has got his work cut out for him...

Doubtless, the next manager has a bit of work ahead of him to undo the 'Martinez Effect'.

And whilst Bobby stands most culpable toward the disastrous climate now persisting around EFC, the players' and Board's role in the whole cluster****, I hold not insignificant. It's been an unholy trinity contributing to the perfect storm.

As I said, the new fella has got his work cut out for him...
Both new fellas..

The players know whats expected of them.

A crushing defeat and we can send Newcastle and Rafael down and also wave goodbye to this utter clown the next day.

We the fans demand they dont let us down.

Except by sending Newcastle down we could end getting Rafael as our manager - F that.

Whoever the new man is I hope he is installed very quickly after Sunday. None of this taking our time to evaluate all options bollards we need the new man in straight away as there is a lot to be done.

He may have his own preferences for pre season for starters so that all needs planning, he needs to somehow try and evaluate the current squad and find out the strengths and weaknesses and where we need to strengthen.

West Ham already have bids in for players and you can bet every club have already set the wheels in motion on deals too.

New man in ASAP.

Just watched the Martinez pre game press conference and I'm not sure who's more depressed - him or me. If body language is anything to go by, I reckon he's had the tap on the shoulder... "we'll let you finish the season and leave with dignity."

Got a bad feeling Moyes is in Bill's ear though... "I kept the wolves at bay, whilst you repaid your mate Green for buying you the club. I deserve to show the people what I can do with financial backing etc.. etc.."

We all know Moyes is campaigning Bill. There's no better option out there, that's a given.

Mr Moshiri, please stand up!

Just watched the Martinez pre game press conference and I'm not sure who's more depressed - him or me. If body language is anything to go by, I reckon he's had the tap on the shoulder... "we'll let you finish the season and leave with dignity."

Got a bad feeling Moyes is in Bill's ear though... "I kept the wolves at bay, whilst you repaid your mate Green for buying you the club. I deserve to show the people what I can do with financial backing etc.. etc.."

We all know Moyes is campaigning Bill. There's no better option out there, that's a given.

wouldn't be surprised if Moyes came back at all if Bill had his way.

Martinez won't be depressed, he'll have banked a tasty payout.

I've gotta say if we lose tomorrow it could possibly be the happiest iv'e been with a loss in my life. Bobby will be all but gone and Newcastle and Norwich relegated. Who thought losing could be so much fun!
Would much rather Norwich stay up and save our 'local' away day! But yeah would love to see the Geordies go down again

There's no doubt about it Martinez is a dead man walking.The body language in that press conference said it all.I think this is unfair on both Bobby the players and us to let the season peter out like this.Martinez is a man just waiting to be put out of his misery.At least a caretaker manager might have instilled a bit of fresh enthusiasm into the players.It's really depressing how his reign has ended when you think back to that first season but his goose was cooked once teams had our gameplan worked out.He deserves credit for that first season though and for encouraging Evertonians to dream big and think big again.He just didn't have a plan B in his locker though.That was his undoing as well as a refusal to admit or see any mistakes on his own part.What we have seen with both Wigan and us is that Martinez will make a team 5 to 6 places worse off in the league.I think his next job is in the championship.What premiership club would hire a manager that could barely win a match with players like Lukaku Barkley Stones in the team?Just look at a guy like Kevin Mirallas a match winner on his day but an enigma.A manager with good man management skills would have got the best out of a player like him.I can see Martinez either going back to Wigan or ending up at Villa.

There's no doubt about it Martinez is a dead man walking.The body language in that press conference said it all.I think this is unfair on both Bobby the players and us to let the season peter out like this.Martinez is a man just waiting to be put out of his misery.At least a caretaker manager might have instilled a bit of fresh enthusiasm into the players.It's really depressing how his reign has ended when you think back to that first season but his goose was cooked once teams had our gameplan worked out.He deserves credit for that first season though and for encouraging Evertonians to dream big and think big again.He just didn't have a plan B in his locker though.That was his undoing as well as refusal to admit or see any mistakes on his own part.What we have seen with both Wigan and us is that Martinez will make a team 5 to 6 places worse off in the league.I think his next job is in the championship.What premiership club would hire a manager that could barely win a match with players like Lukaku Barkley Stones in the team.Just look at a guy like Kevin Mirallas a match winner on his day but an enigma.A manager with good man management skills would have got the best out of a player like him.I can see Martinez either going back to Wigan or ending up at Villa.
he will end up managing a branch of Waitrose

No I refuse to do that friend.
How would I see views that are polar opposites to mine if I ignored everyone I disagree with?

I think Martinez should be sacked; you don't. It's a forum, so let's celebrate lots of different opinions. It's not a one party state on here

An anti-Martinez echo chamber... a terrifying thought.

The pro-Martinez contingent have merely been forced underground temporarily since their insurgent leader's failed coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back