Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When should Martinez of gone??

The answer will vary based on your patience and expectation of him in the first place.

I never wanted him but, really wanted shut Christmas 2014/15.

I've never really given him a chance since.
The right answer has to have regard for the availability of an appropriate replacement at the time - there are certain times of the year when sacking a manager makes less sense because there are fewer available candidates. But in the spirit of the question, I would have binned him off at the end of the 2014/15 season. Initially I was thinking that he should have been sacked after the away leg against Kiev, but there is the argument that there was time left for him to salvage the domestic campaign at that stage.

But the game in Kiev was appalling, and we've had constant repetitions ever since.

That's why it reflects badly on Moshiri that he's still here. If he's not sacking him to save money, doesn't that say it all about his desire to invest properly into this club?

Completely agree unless he wants Martinez

sadly I think he will still be there on Sunday telling everyone we are going to put on show for the fans.

I hope he is gone tonight but I don't see it

Hull away, Xmas 14/15; the final nail in the coffin for me after his true ways started showing

It really was so bad that it wasn't even 'knee jerk' calling him on it. In those moments you knew this was a terrible manager who did not know what he was doing. Being boss Evertonians though we had to waste another season and a half.

Agree with all but the bold bit. He has the option to do the decent thing and resign.

Not really.

In the crazy world that is football management, being sacked is absolutely no impediment to getting another plum job.

The greater sin is to be seen as a quitter who walks away from the mess he created......that looks worse on the old CV than a sacking.

Plus he would be walking away from a couple million quid settlement and that would be daft.

The reality is he should not have had to resign.

He should have been sacked at least a month ago.....simple as.

This is on Kenwright.

I think this is the one. He'll either be booted before Sunday or, more likely, it'll be announced that Sunday is his last game.

For all we might have wanted it, I've never felt like the board were poised to act after a poor performance.

Now, I just can't imagine them not.

Sunday can't be allowed to happen with Martinez's future still open-ended.

I honestly thought he would turn it around after our performances at Southampton Chelsea and west brom at the start of the season. Stoke at home I had serious doubts and it was confirmed by west ham at home. Since then it's just been one long nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back