Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HE'S ABOUT TO GET PAID MILLIONS IN A PAY OFF FOR FAILING DISMALLY HAVING HAD THE AMAZING AND UNDESERVED OPPORTUNITY TO MANAGE EVERTON

HE COULD RESIGN BUT HASN'T BECAUSE HE WANT AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CAN'T GEY

Yeah I think when you put it like that mate, I don't mind the fella and wouldn't have minded a mutual consent thing at the end of the season, but he will Prob walk away with a pay off of North of 5mill and this is professional sport.

I think this might happen as I can see it being nasty on Sun, I think they might act now to avoid the atmosphere on Sun and stop it spilling to themselves.

I would put the players from tonight on the transfer list. they can all follow Martinez out the door, apart from Pennington, he tried.
As a club we have mollycoddled these players with big fat wages and a stage to play on and use to their own ends with comments like I want `champions league`

Alladyce showed what players with passion can do keep Pennington bin the others off asap

This.
It hasn't worked out but he deserves a dignified exit. There is no point allowing the mob to slaughter him.
That is not my Everton.
Exactly. We're not Liverpool gathering local celebrities to make videos demanding chairman or managers resign, or mass marching or vicious aggressive mobs trying to hound people out. Get the statement out, give him a good exit on Sunday, everybody is happy.

If there is an announcement tonight or tomorrow I hope on Sunday there are banners saying "Thank you" I don't think he has went out of the way to hurt the club, I think he has tried his best but it just has not been enough. Feel for him to be fair, think the board are to blame for the recent situation.

This.
It hasn't worked out but he deserves a dignified exit. There is no point allowing the mob to slaughter him.
That is not my Everton.

As everyone knows he should've been sacked following the derby. It's absolutely shocking from the board that this has been allowed to carry on. Announce he's leaving now and it lifts a huge storm cloud that's hovering over the weekend.

It's the boards job to get rid when it becomes apparent the manager isn't up to the job. Maybe Martinez believes he can turn it round, or he doesn't want to blow a big pay off or maybe he just despises the idea of quitting when things get tough.

For all any of us know the pressure's completely got to him and he's incapable of making the decisions he needs to for his own good. It's beyond doubt it's getting to him at some level. You see people getting seriously ill with stress in much less pressured occupations.

The Board putting him through the ringer on Sunday would be almost malicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back