Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I want him gone but I hold no grudges or wish any bad karma towards Martinez. To throw him into the lion enclosure on Sunday would be nothing short of disgraceful. £2M (or £3M whatever it is) or not, just bring it to an end. Let him leave with dignity.

He failed - so shoot him. Most of us saw it a long time ago - but Kenwright made himself look the utter tw*t that he is with that "What a Manager" quote. He is behind all this sorry mess - at any other club this would have been acted upon months ago. I don't care how much of an Evertonian he claims that he is - this all falls at his door. He needs to go too along with his buddies and never darken our door again. Sell up to Mosihiri, reset, clean slate, new Manager, new beginning.

I wish Martinez the best of luck in whatever he does next - we all fail at some point, but we pick ourselves up and move on. Sorry it didn't work out Roberto.

Not some point for him. Has been a failure as a PL manager in most of his career.

He's done. Hopefully not too long now....

I was patient with him, but this can't go on. That's now 105 LEAGUE goals we have conceded in two seasons.

That's the root of the problem. It's no wonder the team is bereft of confidence. The fella can't set up a side that can defend in the premier league.

Err, we don't play them till next season.

I know, I know. It is Norwich City. It has the makings of the worst game of football ever. They are relegated and we don't want to play. I wonder if we called them up tomorrow and agreed on a 2-2 draw, then we could just give the game a miss. They probably wouldn't agree to a 2-2 draw, they might be relegated but they have some pride, more than you can say for our lot.

"Today, we competed for every ball, were full of effort and intent in wanting to win but the luck at the moment is not on our side."We have an opportunity now on Sunday against Norwich to put in a big effort and try to finish with a good performance."

I don't think he genuinely believes what he is saying, I think he knows he's lost the dressing room, that he's going and doesn't see any point in burning his bridges by saying the players have given up. It would be really easy for him to throw the players under the bus (as they deserve), but he doesn't operate that way.

I know, I know. It is Norwich City. It has the makings of the worst game of football ever. They are relegated and we don't want to play. I wonder if we called them up tomorrow and agreed on a 2-2 draw, then we could just give the game a miss. They probably wouldn't agree to a 2-2 draw, they might be relegated but they have some pride, more than you can say for our lot.
The last 6 weeks has shown the team has no self respect whatsoever!

Yeah let's spend £2m to avoid him having to do his job for one more utterly meaningless match.

Football finance and the modern fan right there.
Why not just announce he is off after Norwich, save some cash and stop the frenzy of uncertainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back