Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image-jpeg.22758
In a nut shell

where's that from, mate?

He's used every single excuse under the sun to hide the fact he and his coaching staff are not upto it. The amount of excuses are unbearable, he will blame everything but himself. And I mean anything. The World Cup, the Europa League, the Capital One Cup, the FA cup, the referee, the atmosphere, finances, etc etc etc. He will convince some other mugs he's the right man for the job because he's a complete charmer but look a little closer and you see he's zero substance to back up his big mouth. This last 2 months is the worst I've ever seen us play ever, and I say through the 90's. He won't ever change either, he won't ever admit his mistakes and he's so arrogant I bet he honestly believes he's done a good job.

I won't miss him put it that way.

Okay, let's assume there's three top targets. For argument's sake, assume Moshiri's targets are of the ilk of Pellegrini/ De Boer. Both are said to have admitted they are interested, and for that reason there is no reason why we couldn't bring them in. There are a vast number of managers out there that are an improvement on Martinez. Vast, and even if we couldn't get one of our targets, I would take a small step up as opposed to none at all.

I'd be more than confident to say we could set up and seal a deal to bring one of those in within a few weeks/ a month of releasing Martinez. There's no match other than Norwich, which is a dead rubber. The only spectacle that will involve is more protest against Martinez and a further degradation of the atmosphere within the club. Having a caretaker manager in place for one game will save a lot of face. Not only this, but we WOULD be able to get a manager, not only an improvement on Martinez, but one deemed good enough for our club.

Well, let's try not to disagree. I generally think it's good business (and footballing) sense to have a management team lined up before you discard the current regime.

I'm beginning to think that Flores might be the choice. Had success with Atletico, and there's no shame to be had by what he's done with Watford - even if they have tailed off this season.

It's not really a "live poll" ya know. We're not getting updates from bedrooms across the globe as the votes pour in.

*Hang on, SKY are now reporting that some lad who logged in 3 weeks ago has changed his opinion*

Exciting stuff....
So you wouldnt like to know who the 59/60 are , cos i'm struggling to think of any sane minded blue that voted "in" that cant find the "change vote " tab.

We all know that Bobby will not be there at the start of next season his position is completely untenable.

If the club were going to keep him on it would have been announced by a vote of confidence. They are clearly playing game to not pay him off and sack him in June. But this of course can not be said officially.

Therefore the board are happy to put this man through Sunday. Obviously it is a good business decision to save a million or so quid. And why should they prevent this man receiving a Horrifc onslaught? as when did compassion ever come into it in business.

So I feel we all as fans should just play along i.e. be mild-mannered on Sunday and just go through the motions without the hostilities as we all know the score.

However I think people will be out for blood regardless. It's not his fault he is incompetent it is the people who have continued with him for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back