Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's pathetic isn't it mate. an awards ceremony for being a failure playing for Everton Football Club. Got no respect for any of them,

board - joke
management - pathetic
players - embarrassing

the above 3 can [Poor language removed] off

When I was in school - you did not celebrate failure.

You gave respect for taking part and EFFORT.

You however, only gave medals to winners.

In true Olympian tradition.

i.e. we should not celebrate failure or mediocrity. Especially when the club motto is NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Not: 'Bill Kenwright's club'

that awards ceremony should not be taking place for anyone associated with the first team, whether that be management or first team.

The awards ceremony tomorrow should be about Unsworth and the continued progress of the u21's and Sheedy and the u18's winning the tournament in America with both teams having decent seasons.

The board, management and first team can [Poor language removed] off as far as I'm concerned.

Spot on again mate.

When I was in school - you did not celebrate failure.

You gave respect for taking part and EFFORT.

You however, only gave medals to winners.

In true Olympian tradition.

i.e. we should not celebrate failure or mediocrity. Especially when the club motto is NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Not: 'Bill Kenwright's club'
Was that about 3 terms ago Damo?

Just dont release your list of targets. Binning Martinez is the minimum. If you get to the bottom of the list moyes will still be there waiting. Not what we want but better than what we have

Nah, who says Moyes would come back here? I don't mean that he's too good for us, but maybe he's of the opinion that it wouldn't be the most popular move amongst Everton fans...

What then if we can't even get your fictional last resort?

As it stands, we're destined to end up like Villa. Its only happened to them quicker because bad decisions are worse than no decisions, which is what we've had at the top for far too long.

I'm not sure how that would be an issue. Not as if there's a lack of time to bring anyone in, and there is a plethora of managers out there better than RM. Moshiri sitting by while the season has disintegrated around us for the second season running is more perturbing.

I've highlighted the key flaw in your reasoning.

Our current plight needs to be the beginning of real change.

A change of manager will not suddenly turn this club around. (I want Martinez sacked though!)

Let's use this as an opportunity to rid ourselves of the real cancer of this club, Bill Kenwright.

image.webp
In a nut shell

I cannot wait for Martinez to be sacked and this nightmare the club is going through to end.

I don't remember a time where we lacked all of the things that built Everton. Starting from tomorrow when Bobby is gone, the club has a lot of work to do to get the fans back on side.

Ideally they need to start it by using some real ambition when choosing our new manager.

Well come on , after tonight who are the 60 "ins"

Must be someone special this Roberto.....even Jesus only had 12 disciples.

Ok Davek ...make that 59.

It's not really a "live poll" ya know. We're not getting updates from bedrooms across the globe as the votes pour in.

*Hang on, SKY are now reporting that some lad who logged in 3 weeks ago has changed his opinion*

Exciting stuff....

I've highlighted the key flaw in your reasoning.

Okay, let's assume there's three top targets. For argument's sake, assume Moshiri's targets are of the ilk of Pellegrini/ De Boer. Both are said to have admitted they are interested, and for that reason there is no reason why we couldn't bring them in. There are a vast number of managers out there that are an improvement on Martinez. Vast, and even if we couldn't get one of our targets, I would take a small step up as opposed to none at all.

I'd be more than confident to say we could set up and seal a deal to bring one of those in within a few weeks/ a month of releasing Martinez. There's no match other than Norwich, which is a dead rubber. The only spectacle that will involve is more protest against Martinez and a further degradation of the atmosphere within the club. Having a caretaker manager in place for one game will save a lot of face. Not only this, but we WOULD be able to get a manager, not only an improvement on Martinez, but one deemed good enough for our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back