Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on the bevvies. Still weird that people might complain that a tiny percentage of members haven't kept their votes up to date :p
You sound like you've been drinking, and that's cool. But alcohol makes some people very fractious and argumentative...perhaps you should consider getting your head down...

A Liverpool fan on the similarities Bobby shares with their former dud of a manager Brendan Rodgers.

I am a red but I just can't help but feel how similar is Everton's current situation to LFC under Rodgers...
Both managers came from a smaller club.
Both of them had a nearly season early on and looked good enough for the clubs.
Both of them don't know how to set up a team defensively and it became the reason for their downfall.
And both of them sugarcoat the teams bad performances in the press...
In fact even the In terms of cup Everton reached the Semfinal of both Cups this season just like LFC the season.
And finally just like LFC last season the end of season has brought in a plethora of spineless capitulation and complete embarrassment to the fans...
I just hope the Everton board don't make the same mistake as LFC and give him another chance next season.

joffrey-gif5.gif

he needs to be sacked NOW, as much as i want him out
i cannot go Goodison on Sunday its going to be painfull too watch
the stick the mans going to get, atmosphere will be horrible
i don't wanna sit there an give the man stick just end it now ...
Nice bloke an all that but times up surely?

Honestly, I don't really care that much about any of what you said except the bolded. The whole idea of 'Oh, let's leave little Bill his trainset for a few more months, what harm could it do?' has really absolutely ruined this season. This whole season could have been salvaged before the fn Liverpool match.
I think that Bill believed that the Chelsea win was his Philip Carter moment, the point from which Martinez would turn it around despite dissenting voices, hence the derided quote. I'm sure that the romantic showman in him could see the following 10 games or so delivering a Cup final/trophy, Anfield derby win and a decent top half finish, and we'd look back in years to come and laud him for his fine judgement. What he couldn't/ wouldn't see was that Martinez had been holed below the waterline since Distin/Eto'o et al, and that the team had been losing faith ever since. Kendall may not have had all the fans behind him at the low points, but the players believed.

If, indeed, Martinez goes prior to the Awards tomorrow, I hope that Bill doesn't use his speech to take a swipe at 'fans impatience' as a reason for his dismissal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back