Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody think that back when the deal was done, before it got worse like it is now obvs, that there was a 'nod and hand shake' aspect to the deal that would allow Bill and Roberto to take a nice walk on the pitch at fulltime Vs Norwich and wave goodbye, then The Mosh and his new manager would publically/quietly (as suits them) take full control effective 1st June...I think this would appeal to Bill's Ego.

anybody think that back when the deal was done, before it got worse like it is now obvs, that there was a 'nod and hand shake' aspect to the deal that would allow Bill and Roberto to take a nice walk on the pitch at fulltime Vs Norwich and wave goodbye, then The Mosh and his new manager would publically/quietly (as suits them) take full control effective 1st June...I think this would appeal to Bill's Ego.

Think someone hinted at this earlier in the thread.

Good shout like, very possible

I hope BK gets to walk on the pitch on Sunday...but I don't think it'll be a nice walk.
What a Chairman!

Just seen true geordie video after the villa game talking about expecting nothing from Everton. Talking about hating playing against Everton under moyes that no team liked playing Everton under moyes, that with Martinez there no defence structure you know you'll get a chances.

No one respects us it took him a season to destroy our reputation. But at least he gets us ay. Shut up.

Honestly, I don't really care that much about any of what you said except the bolded. The whole idea of 'Oh, let's leave little Bill his trainset for a few more months, what harm could it do?' has really absolutely ruined this season. This whole season could have been salvaged before the fn Liverpool match.
This is what's really pissed me off, we had a great chance of winning a trophy we just had to beat a poor Man Utd team and Crystal Palace. We should have had Joe Royle in charge with Unsworth and Ferguson helping. I think we'd of had a great chance of winning it. The new manager could then have been in charge of a team that had qualified for the Europa. In my opinion this debacle is on Kenwright.

Actually yes you are right, you really have lightened the mood, I have just passed this on to my friends, family and acquaintances and they all agree you should go on tour. "But Wat, why is he wasting his time on an internet forum?" They all queried me. "Look, I can't answer that, he is operating on a comedy level superior to a mere simpleton like me, who am I to answer!" I retorted.

PM me your tour dates bro.

I'm here all day, 9 to 5.

*ba dum tss*

Get him.... Now. Put him straight in charge for Sunday, hopefully win, nice stroll around the pitch at the end for a welcome. That'd do

Any blind fool can see it...

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...inez-is-to-leave-everton-he-must-go-this-week

Jamie Carragher: If Roberto Martinez is to leave Everton he must go this week
Last Updated: 11/05/16 11:05pm
roberto-martinez-everton-sunderland_3464806.jpg

Jamie Carragher says if Everton want to sack Roberto Martinez then they should do it before Sunday.

Wednesday night's 3-0 defeat at Sunderland stretched their run to just one win in 10 in all competitions and banners were held up in the away end calling for the manager to go.

Martinez did not want to discuss his future after the game, but Carragher says Everton's new owner Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright should not let him face the Goodison Park fans on Sunday if they intend to bring in a new manager this summer.

sunderland-patrick-van-aanholt-goal-everton_3464721.jpg

Patrick van Aanholt scores for Sunderland against Everton
He told Sky Sports: "If Bill Kenwright and the new owner who has come in alongside him want to change the manager at Everton Football Club for next season they've got to do it tomorrow.

"Basically, they shouldn't be putting Roberto Martinez through the final game of the season at home to Norwich.

"Everton have got a fanatical support home and away and I couldn't believe how many empty seats there were in the away end tonight.

QCdjB5HwFOTaWQ8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Everton boss Roberto Martinez would not answer a question about his future
"There were the normal banners that we've seen in the last few weeks and there's very few, if any, supporters now wanting him to stay in the job.

"I think it could be a poisonous crowd and reaction to Roberto Martinez and the team at the weekend. If they want to keep the manager then keep him and he obviously has the final game and back him.

"But if they are thinking of changing the manager, don't let him go through the weekend."

Martinez was appointed in 2013 and he guided the team to fifth place with 72 points in his first season in charge.

football-pundit-jamie-carragher_3354475.jpg

If they are thinking of changing the manager, don't let him go through the weekend."
Jamie Carragher

They dropped to 11th last season and despite heavy investment in the squad they are currently 12th with one game to play - and Carragher says it will be tough for Martinez to recover from that slump.

"It's been a poor season for Everton, you can't dress it up," he added.

"Last season wasn't really good enough. He made a fantastic start. On the back of David Moyes doing a great job for 10 years, you thought there would be a drop-off, but there wasn't and he actually took Everton forwards.

everton-sunderland-premier-league_3464695.jpg

Fabio Borini (left) challenges with Everton's Ross Barkley
"They won big away games and got the most points they'd ever had and you though they were on the cusp of something; maybe challenging for trophies and getting in the top four.

"They fell away last year and it's fell even further this season. After two years on the bounce it will be difficult to come back from that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back