Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest mate I don't really want to go on Sunday, it won't be an enjoyable amosthere. I'm not a fan of banners and planes flying over. The board know the majority of the fans feelings now, he doesn't deserve the abuse I can see him getting.

I've said and will walk out before any lap.

It's not appropriate.

You respect EFFORT (there's been very little)

You celebrate SUCCESS.

We've failed and there's been a lack of effort. Therefore nothing to celebrate. I still believe in the motto. Nothing but the best is good enough

At least the board should anounce, some kind of statement, regardin the curent state og affairs.

What is up with the way the board is treating the fans like peasents, and the manager like royalty.

I genuinely felt sorry for him after watching his post match interview with sky.
He looked broken and defeated finally and he gave signs its over.

I think even he knows its the end and it hasnt worked.

I also agree that a show of MARTINEZ OUT and booing and banners is not the way to send him off , its not the Everton way but I can see why it needs to happen if the board dont make the announcement.

Time for everyone to do the decent thing including players and fans alike but mainly the board.

I've no time to feel pitty for someone who point blank refuses to change due to his beliefs and philosophies that are not working

He'll never be a top manager due to this.

They're not going to sack him before Norwich out of respect. Yes, things are bad and he has to go, but we have nothing to play for and there's one game left of the season. They'll just let it peter out and let him go after that. We're not as fecking classless as Man City who couldn't even stay to show their manager some respect after winning them numerous trophies the last few years. Martinez has lost the plot but he still gave us our best ever season in a long time, and I think they'll respect that by parting with him after the final game.

It's the opposite, the classy and respectful thing to do is to announce he's leaving at the end of the season on Friday after the press conference.

That way on Sunday the crowd & the players are lifted and Martinez gets a semi warm send off. If they wait till after the game then it's going to be incredibly nasty on Sunday.

its all on the board for me now

that awards ceremony should not be taking place for anyone associated with the first team, whether that be management or first team.

The awards ceremony tomorrow should be about Unsworth and the continued progress of the u21's and Sheedy and the u18's winning the tournament in America with both teams having decent seasons.

The board, management and first team can [Poor language removed] off as far as I'm concerned.

I was thinking about this last night, the smiling for photographs, and backslapping for semi-final appearances, the faux-clapping, all that...

Seems somehow wrong.

Agree heartily RE the u21's & u18's. Make it about them, they deserve it at least...

At least the board should anounce, some kind of statement, regardin the curent state og affairs.

What is up with the way the board is treating the fans like peasents, and the manager like royalty.

This has been one of the most telling periods ever for me in supporting this rabble over too many decades. No other football club on earth would behave this way with performances as they have been for months. Tbh, they disgust me

If Roberto had tried to change things, he might of gotten more support. But we keep doing exactly the same bad things. Just trying to be a bit more defensive while we're going through a bad time. Would of been a start. He tries to play the same way no matter who we play against. Or who's playing.

Most managers change tactics during a match, if needed. He tries to have them playing out of our six yard box. Feel so sorry for Stones and Pennington.

I genuinely felt sorry for him after watching his post match interview with sky.
He looked broken and defeated finally and he gave signs its over.

I think even he knows its the end and it hasnt worked.

I also agree that a show of MARTINEZ OUT and booing and banners is not the way to send him off , its not the Everton way but I can see why it needs to happen if the board dont make the announcement.

Time for everyone to do the decent thing including players and fans alike but mainly the board.
Can we please stop this 'Not the Everton Way'

I've seen our fans throw coins, bottles, bricks at coaches, etc. we're a football club, not a Church choir.

He's getting paid millions annually, I'm sure he can take a few banners and people booing him. If he can't, then he is in the wrong profession.

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this, but last night after the match on radio merseyside they had a text in which was from a Dave and it said, "I've defend Martinez all season on Grand Old Team but no more, Martinez out.

I miss dave.

We're all blues and nil satis nisi optimum should mean something

woke up and I'm even more angrier than I was when I went to bed last night. The level of incompetence from the board in not putting this fella out of his misery seems to have no limit.

I couldn't give a flying one how much compo he is owed, he will have cost us about 6m in league places when we probably get beat on Sunday and finish 16th.

Sack him so at the very least the fans walking up to Goodison on Sunday aren't filled with dread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back