Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the players owe him a debt of gratitude - other than "The Baines Incident", not once has he slated the players for lack of passion or effort. What they have done for the past couple of months is an insult to the fans, other managers may have berated them, may have dropped them. But no, that's not his style. He put his credibility on the line by defending their inept performances.

And before anyone jumps on this - I'm not defending Martinez in any way. He was (and is) completely out of his depth. The squad is unfit, repeatedly playing a system that doesn't work. But there is more than one guilty party in this whole sorry mess - Martinez, the players, the board....all are guilty.

This whole charade over the past few weeks has dragged the club's name through the mud and (worse) it's made us a complete laughing stock.

That's a very fair & reasonable point that...;)

This has been one of the most telling periods ever for me in supporting this rabble over too many decades. No other football club on earth would behave this way with performances as they have been for months. Tbh, they disgust me

I'm varying between disgust, anger and abject embarrassment ATM Bern... tell you what though, it's been a tough old ride this season eh.

Unfortunately cannot see him sacked before the award’s ceremony tonight. The irony of that eh, such another disgraceful season and the club doesn’t see fit to cancel it and instead will be dishing out ‘Best Player’ and ‘Blue Blood’ awards, with luvvy and the man who has held us back and continues to do so, Bill Kenwright, stood proudly on the stage. A part of me thinks he might even use it as an opportunity to publicly support Martinez. Wouldn’t put anything past him! I just hope there are protests and boos all over the place outside and inside of the hall, and also mass protests on Sunday if nothing has been announced. We laugh at them and call them all sorts, but if this was Liverpool Martinez would be long gone and no doubt they’d have made it to the final and be in the top half of the league. I just don’t get why common sense doesn’t apply to Everton.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here but Sky News just reporting Everton 'expected to sack Martinez this week and replace him with De Boer'

See bbc sports day

De Boer departs

Football

Posted at08:18
More on former Netherlands international De Boer, who has been manager of Ajax since 2010. The 45-year-old's agent linked the Dutchman with Everton recently, and speculation continues about the future of their manager Roberto Martinez, whose team have won only one of their last 10 league matches.

Share this post on
BREAKINGDe Boer leaves Ajax
Football

Posted at19:16
Frank de Boer has left his role as head coach of Ajax.

Nah, who says Moyes would come back here? I don't mean that he's too good for us, but maybe he's of the opinion that it wouldn't be the most popular move amongst Everton fans...

What then if we can't even get your fictional last resort?

We won't have a problem getting a manager

See bbc sports day

De Boer departs

Football

More on former Netherlands international De Boer, who has been manager of Ajax since 2010. The 45-year-old's agent linked the Dutchman with Everton recently, and speculation continues about the future of their manager Roberto Martinez, whose team have won only one of their last 10 league matches.

Share this post on
Football

And where does it say he is joining us? Can't see it. 'Speculation' and 'linked to Everton' counts not one bit.

See bbc sports day

De Boer departs

Football

Share this post on
Football

He's going to join Valencia

I'm varying between disgust, anger and abject embarrassment ATM Bern... tell you what though, it's been a tough old ride this season eh.

Has it ever !

Even more so with the sense that the squad we had was capable of winning things - just turining out to be inflated expectations.

I think as an exercise in managing my own expectations for next season so that I don't put myself through this again its probably best to start with an expectation that we will exit the cups at early stages and narrowly avoid relegation.

Nil Satis Nisi Maybe !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back