Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think Mourinho is a Moshiri type. I don't see it. I'm worried that Mourinho would struggle with a team no where near fighting for the top, far from it. He's world class at achieving with huge budgets and on the whole teams already challenging for the title. I'd rather go for someone who I feel may be able to get us up the table and see if they can get challenging. (Please be someone who knows how a defence works).

Mourinho with John Terry as defence coach (lock up your wives).

It's clear there's huge resistance to Rafael that I don't fully understand. Objectively he's easily the second best candidate after Mourinho. Though both are unlikely, I think Mourinho is far more unlikely than Rafael as Rafael has shown he's willing to put his rep on the line by taking on a club outside the big boys and he still has a house in Liverpool. Rafael's not likeable but so what. We've won nothing in 21 years and are, seemingly, on course for a Koeman type who may steady the ship but whose managerial career shows that they are far less likely to win a trophy than a proven winner like Benitez.

Do you really think it would work out? Our manager getting called a kopite b*stard after every single loss? It's just never ever going to happen mate, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I've no time to feel pitty for someone who point blank refuses to change due to his beliefs and philosophies that are not working

He'll never be a top manager due to this.

Good point mate, I generally dont feel anything for managers too stubborn to change.
It was just his demeanour last night.
More painful to watch maybe then pity
Does look like he knows he is done for , lets hope

It's clear there's huge resistance to Rafael that I don't fully understand. Objectively he's easily the second best candidate after Mourinho. Though both are unlikely, I think Mourinho is far more unlikely than Rafael as Rafael has shown he's willing to put his rep on the line by taking on a club outside the big boys and he still has a house in Liverpool. Rafael's not likeable but so what. We've won nothing in 21 years and are, seemingly, on course for a Koeman type who may steady the ship but whose managerial career shows that they are far less likely to win a trophy than a proven winner like Benitez.
Any self respecting blue wouldn't have him within a mile of us.

Hes a big kopite as well so wouldn't come
And hes just took the barcodes down

Sorry, but I for one, don't want us to win at ANY cost. Not prepared to compromise our dignity.

In the Joe Royle thread, I said we should have sacked Martinez before the Derby. Right now we could have been looking forward to the FA Cup Final and sitting 9th or 10th in the league. Then looking forward to who takes over in the summer.

How different a feeling around the club there would have been.

This!

Can we please stop this 'Not the Everton Way'

I've seen our fans throw coins, bottles, bricks at coaches, etc. we're a football club, not a Church choir.

He's getting paid millions annually, I'm sure he can take a few banners and people booing him. If he can't, then he is in the wrong profession.

I get your point but the throwing of bricks and coins etc is violence and I am talking about banners and protests.
I dont remember many protests regarding managers in my 30years and we had some right tulips of managers in our time.
Maybe we didnt have forums in those days but for me banners etc are beneath the majority of Everton fans.
maybe Im an auld snob now I dunno

Is he?

Newcastle were averaging about 0.9pts per game before he came in.

Since then, they've averaged about 1.1.

Hardly the impact you'd expect to see from a world class manager is it? Especially a world class manager moving into a team that by rights shouldn't have been that poor to begin with, and bearing in mind that ANY change of manager usually gives a bit of a boost to results.

Also, he's an absolute **** who spent years at Liverpool putting us down and belittling us, and who still gets starry eyed when he talks about them. Honestly don't see how that is not important to some people. Football is about rivalries, and i have no wish whatsoever to have a manager who goes to bed at night and makes a mess of his sheets while imagining he was managing that shower across the park instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.